S2 Avant bumper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant bumper.

Can anyone give me the part number for an S2 Avant rear bumper?
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Can anyone give me the part number for an S2 Avant rear bumper?
    Rear S2 avant bumper = any B4 A80/A80Q sedan or avant bumper = 8A0807305AE /GRU

Trim piece between said bumper and body =

8A5807091A = sedan

8A9807091B = avant

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Rear S2 avant bumper = any B4 A80/A80Q sedan or avant bumper = 8A0807305AE /GRU

Trim piece between said bumper and body =

8A5807091A = sedan

8A9807091B = avant

Dave, are your saying that an S2 Avant rear bumper is the same as a B4 80 sedan or avant?
      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

8a0807305sgru

Comment

I have got this one 8AO 807 311J and underneath it says 8AO 807 311H

So what are these part numbers for then?
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Dave, are your saying that an S2 Avant rear bumper is the same as a B4 80 sedan or avant?
            Yes. That is what I thought initially. Upon further reflection, it would appear that I was wrong. Apologies

Last edited by UrS4boy; 15 June 2014, 23:45.

Comment

No worries Dave.....your stella mate! I just need someone on here to put my mind at rest.
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I have got this one 8AO 807 311J and underneath it says 8AO 807 311H
                Neither of those PNs were available as spares in 2007 (my friend Kate's year of graduation from der Teilenschule). My guess is they are components of the larger overall bumper assembly, not typically available to the public (or even body shops, just the bumper sub-assembly contractor).

The actual bumper might not even have the correct PN on it anywhere.

I think what you need is a comparison photo of B4 bumpers, normal 80/90 and S2.

Here is a photo of a non-S2 B4 avant:

Here is Michael S2's Ruby Red S2 avant rear bumper. Right away I notice that the rub strip is body-coloured not black like the non-S2 avant bumper. I am guessing that this might be one of the major differences. I would further guess a normal B4 80/90 avant bumper would fit on an S2, albeit with a black rub strip.

StevenEK9's Laser Red S2 avant:

Hammerhead's A80q V6 avant (which you now can see that, in addition to the rub-strip differences, the normal B4 Audi 80 bumper does not have a lower black valence that the S2 bumper has - so based on these photos, you should be able to tell if you got the right bumper, even without the PNs).

Last edited by UrS4boy; 16 June 2014, 01:31.

Comment

No worries Dave.....your stella mate! I just need someone on here to put my mind at rest.
                  Hello Mark.

Bumper was original off Madpuggers S2 Avant

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ht=rear+bumper

Didint think it had been a lawn ornament for nearly 4years

cheers

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

OOOPS Thanks for clearing that up mate Interesting to see the original for sale thread. The bumpers days as a lawn ornament are over now Just as soon as the required funds become available to carry on with the S2 Avant replica look, i will post the pictures as promised.

Cheers

Mark.
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                      Neither of those PNs were available as spares in 2007 (my friend Kate's year of graduation from der Teilenschule). My guess is they are components of the larger overall bumper assembly, not typically available to the public (or even body shops, just the bumper sub-assembly contractor).

The actual bumper might not even have the correct PN on it anywhere.

I think what you need is a comparison photo of B4 bumpers, normal 80/90 and S2.

Here is a photo of a non-S2 B4 avant:

Here is Michael S2's Ruby Red S2 avant rear bumper. Right away I notice that the rub strip is body-coloured not black like the non-S2 avant bumper. I am guessing that this might be one of the major differences. I would further guess a normal B4 80/90 avant bumper would fit on an S2, albeit with a black rub strip.

StevenEK9's Laser Red S2 avant:

Hammerhead's A80q V6 avant (which you now can see that, in addition to the rub-strip differences, the normal B4 Audi 80 bumper does not have a lower black valence that the S2 bumper has - so based on these photos, you should be able to tell if you got the right bumper, even without the PNs).

I thought you new i had a 80 V6 Avant and i am doing a S2 exterior look conversion inc the 5 stud so i can mount My S2 wheels
                      Here's the car in case you missed it.

Attached Files
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I thought you new i had a 80 V6 Avant and i am doing a S2 exterior look conversion inc the 5 stud so i can mount My S2 wheels
                        Here's the car in case you missed it.
                        Nice motor. BUT now I really confused as to why you thought you might have not bought an S2 bumper. It has to be different than your A80 bumper.

BTW, the mounting of this bumper might be an issue re: side mounts.

Comment

I've sent side mounts I have to see if I can get some 3d printed

Comment

Working...
                          X