Help need a correct part No please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help need a correct part No please?

Help need a part no as getting conflicting advice. The part no i have is 8ao 807 311j for the S2 avant rear bumper i have been sent. Help needed.Thanks.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71950
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Help need a part no as getting conflicting advice. The part no i have is 8ao 807 311j for the S2 avant rear bumper i have been sent. Help needed.Thanks.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71950
    Why start another thread on the same topic?

Anyway, here is an image, you can decide. I don't see any 311J

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Because i am desperate getting wrong advice and not sure if i have trusted someone and potentially lost £200.Somethings not right as my number here nobody is agreeing with.
      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
        Because i am desperate and not sure if i have trusted someone and potentially lost £200.Somethings not right as my number here nobody is agreeing with.
        Don't get excited yet. Bumpers are multiple part assemblies. The 311J that you see might just be one of the components of the assembly and it isn't listed as a separate part in the parts system, sort of like wastegates (made up of a number of parts but you can't buy anything but the complete assembly).

8A0807311J is not in the parts catalogue so it isn't the bumper PN.

Comment

I have already asked another member over a week ago about this and no response well a response and promises but nothing despite being nice about it all.

Excited??....No just blo.dy frustrated with the IRONY of it.
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

See the photos in your other S2 avant bumper thread. No PNs needed to tell whether you got the right bumper or not.

Comment

From the few german forums i found using your part #, the number comes up frequently when discussing S2 rear bumbers.
              If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

Originally posted by WidowmakerS2 View Post
                From the few german forums i found using your part #, the number comes up frequently when discussing S2 rear bumbers.
                Thanks for the info Widowmaker much appreciated. Glad that's cleared up now as there are at least 4 different models,these bumper were supplied with.They all look identical when they are not.Theres the S2 Avant/Sedan,which will fit the Avant,the S2 Coupe plus the 5cyl B3 rear bumper which all look the same. I am sure they all get different part numbers so would imagine at least 4 different part numbers exist on the largest part, the bumper itself and not the associated fittings/fixings on it.This is what i was getting at Dave and needed to clear up.I thought you knew i had a 80 2.6 V6 Avant fully painted rear bumper with the rub strip and am doing the conversion? Thanks for your help all the same
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X