Some history knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some history knowledge

I have seen on the forum that some history and information regarding the build dates and origins of vehicles has been deciphered from the sticker in the boot. Does anyone know who was doing this? I know the engine code, colour options etc but original market, build dates, special order bits etc would be great to know. My sticker looks like this....
    Attached Files

I do a complete breakdown of those tags and create a 3 or 4 page WORD doc with build dates, confirmation of engine build date, ect. that I give to the owner. Just need a photo or two of the car and the engine number (on the head, just under the cam cover vent at the front end of the engine, exhaust side).

And I need your email address. PM me here.

Quick info = 1994 Indigo pearl dark blue RS2 built for the Italian market in late June 1994.
    Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 August 2014, 17:18.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Also, lots more information on Dave's thread here

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60318

Comment

Some pictures.........
        Attached Files

Comment

And the engine number. Many thanks for the info!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by treebirch View Post
            And the engine number. Many thanks for the info!
            ADU 002081 was probably built in the 3rd week of June 1994 which would fit with the build date of the RS2 (probably late in the 3rd week or in the 4th week of June). (Dealer has exact dates if you ask nicely).

Comment

Lovely looking car in fantastic setting, which part of the Savoie are you based?
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Many thanks, based in Le Praz 1300, I have known the car for a while, it was owned by a good pal of mine for 12 years, he stopped using it regularly about 5-6 years ago but it wasn't April this year that I decided I would pull the trigger, take the plunge and do a deal with him! Prior to that is was owned by a wealthy Italian man and used on his Estate from new.

It sat in my garage all of last winter, I think that was the nail in the coffin! I've done a fair bit to her, changed the exhaust (Miltek), K&N, full clay bar and Zymol, new rear brakes, replaced some lights behind the dash, new Nakamichi period CD player, new bootlid, cambelt waterpump etc, accumulator, PS hoses, AC hoses, front subframe mounts, wishbones and bushes, 4 wheel Alignment, 4x Goodyear Eagle F1, oil and filters, and the list goes on, you get the idea! I've done 8000km's in her in the last few months bringing the total to 172K.

I love it, I am just in the process of machining up some Porsche 968 16" front wheels to stick winter tyres on.

Comment

Your 4 page document is ready to go but I have a problem with the steering wheel and airbag codes. I am getting that you have a leather steering wheel (with no mention of airbag) *BUT* I am also reading the 4UB code as "Airbag for NAR" but I am not sure how to interpret the "NAR".

Help?

Comment

Wow, that is quick!

My car definately has airbags, it has the 4 spoked leather steering wheel, if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by treebirch View Post
                      Wow, that is quick!

My car definately has airbags, it has the 4 spoked leather steering wheel, if that helps.
                      Okay thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        Quick info = 1994 Indigo pearl dark blue RS2 built for the Italian market in late June 1994.
                        By the way, that paint code is not a special code. It might be rare on an RS2 but it was listed as one of the available RS2 colours:

Comment

you can decode the options on this link

http://igorweb.org/equidec/default.aspx
                          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X