Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coupe yes

Comment

Congratulations I keep my fingers crossed for renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
        I had one problem when receiving the car, the German Customs Office noticed a discrepancy in the VIN from the papers and the VIN from the chassis.
        I've contacted then several forum members, and asked them what is going on.
        Everything was OK, apparently in that time, the US VINs were different from Europe VINs and that is why there was a small change in the VIN in ther papers.
        I have noticed the VIN code difference on one 86 4000, the firewall had EU VIN stamped in (WAUZZZ...) but the windsheld label and B pilar label had the US VIN (WAUABC...). other than the 3 letters everything else matched. I can't really remember if the riveted factory build tag on the right bulkhead was US or EU VIN.

The prank was really good

Comment

That is one clean 4000.. very nice!
          www.quattro.ca
          B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
          B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Just watched the prank, very funny
            I believe I heard my nick at 5:35?

Anyway if you are going to change the interior I'll have it please

Comment

Just for a fast fresh look.
              Sandblast and paint.
              Attached Files

Comment

If this is barts cam and belt covers already refreshed....thats super quick. These audi 90 quattros (audi 4000 US ) are stupendously awesome machines I read somewhere bart you reckon it's better than the S2. I take it you mean the S2 coupe??

I drove a 1985 facelift 90 quattro back in 1989 and that car blew me away and is responsible for the audi's i own today. Barts new 4000 quattro looks superb and i wish it were me who had one as good as this.

Such a shame bart you didn't stick to the plan with the wind up with the others....i was really looking forward to it In the nicest possible way of course Thanks for telling me first
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                  I have noticed the VIN code difference on one 86 4000, the firewall had EU VIN stamped in (WAUZZZ...) but the windsheld label and B pilar label had the US VIN (WAUABC...). other than the 3 letters everything else matched.
                  All B2, B3, B4 and C4s that I have dealt with re: VIN tags have "ZZZ" in the 4th to 6th positions of the 17 letter/digit Audi VIN number stamped into the cowl. When the body shell (sans doors, etc) is made, it is not clear where the ultimate destination will be. Once that has been decided and the various components are lined up to be added, the square paper VIN tag is produced. For the vehicles going to North America, the 4th to 6th positions in the VIN on the paper tag are replaced with letters and numbers that represent the body type, the engine and the restraint system. For the vehicles not going to North America, the 4th to 6th digits on the paper tag VIN remain the same "ZZZ" as on the cowl stamping. For example a 1992 UrS4 going to the UK would start with WAUZZZ... whereas a 92 UrS4 going to the USA would start WAUHP5.... where H = C4 4 door, P = 2.2L engine and 5 = driver's side air bag only (a 93 UrS4 going to NAmerica would be WAUHP8 where 8 = driver's and passenger air bag).

This was the type of info, with photos and more detailed examples, that I sent bartolomeus to help him get his car through import customs, etc.
                  RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yes those were the parts of my 4000cs.
                    Bogdan must really love this car, he has so much work to do but I see he decided to work on the 4000cs
                    Attached Files

Comment

He knows quality when he sees it so he has too right.
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

does anybody know where to buy a fron bumper lip like this in the pic?

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          This was the type of info, with photos and more detailed examples, that I sent bartolomeus to help him get his car through import customs, etc.
                          Dave, thanks for this explanation, i was guessing it was the case when i saw VIN codes on the 4000, but i didnt have any info to back this theory up. Good to know that this was standard practice at the time

Comment

It's a Votex spoiler IIRC, never really searched one but I believe they are hard to find.

Comment

After 1 month i bought my first 90 b2q the seller called and told me he has a front lip that he will give me for free.I taught:go shoot yourself there is no good looking lip for a b2 chasis.There is
                              Lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                                It's a Votex spoiler IIRC, never really searched one but I believe they are hard to find.
                                Those were my thoughts.Votex are responsible for some nice accessories.
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X