No announcement yet.

URS6 heavy clutch pedal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Giacomo for adding that information.You have owned an impressive list of C4 cars and your experience is very welcome!! You have confirmed for me what i had eluded to with the comparisons i made with my ACK and AAN cars that they are all different and have different pedal feels.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that Journalists at the time slated the very heavy clutch of the 2.2 turbo AAN cars. There's no argument about that guys,sometimes some of us need to accept that overwhelming tide of opinion ranging from professional Journalists back then and the many owners of these cars today who overwhelmingly say the same thing that AAN cars have a very heavy clutch. I love my S6 but would love it even more if the pedal pressure was much lighter more like a light ACK.

Right...now that that has been debated over and cleared that up,how about what can be done to improve this situation for the better?!
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by priba View Post
      first of all you can't expect pressure plate on a urs6 has same pressure on the disc as for b4 ... they are completely deifferent
      secondly, newer cars are made for everyone and much lighter to handle in all aspects so we can't compere two
      Agree with you and what you have written. Audi have changed how they enable comparably high bhp cars to be pleasantly usable by all today so we need to find a solution to our heavy AAN clutch.It must be possible!!
      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

anyone ever thought about adding the vacuum booster for clutch pedal on C4?my left knee needs one.
        i admitted my S6 has a pretty hard pedal.i have a southbend stage 3 clutch kits.though it's much lighter than
        my friend's urs4 stock clutch but driving on the traffic for 2-3hrs and i could count i depress the clutch pedal for
        over 500times is scary things for my left knee.
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

^^^^^^^Nuff said!!!

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I red somewhere that 993 turbo clutch was so hard (due to high torque) that they had to add a pre-loaded extra spring which acts like a servo.
            Never seen it, and I never seen pics or drawings, but I pressed a 993 TT clutch pedal one time and was soooo soft. Also, the car engine was off.
            For audis, clutch servo should be "steal" from earlier models. Maybe S8 D2 has something already.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
              anyone ever thought about adding the vacuum booster for clutch pedal on C4?
              quattro-nick did it to his 20vt coupe quattro

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73795
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Just added this video I came across while surfing. Bit slow so skip to 4.40, but clear and still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdf--suwqw0

There may also be other videos in the suggested videos at the end that are of interest.

Thanks.

Last edited by macspring; 30 May 2015, 07:00.

Comment

Working...
                X