Exhaust sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust sound!

This is what the car sounds like, maybe illegal but it is sweet on WOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9wV...ature=youtu.be

Very throaty
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

That's got quite a bark to it WOT must sound the ********

Comment

On idle that sounds like mine does when the back box falls off!

Comment

Sounds wicked but reckon on a long journey you'll need ear plugs

Comment

I've followed your project thread and your car is one of the nicest out there. I don't mean to be harsh when I say this but I don't think that the exhaust note at present suits the car in it's present guise, if you get my drift.

Sorry..
          Last edited by SE_30; 10 November 2014, 22:42.
          Stuart
          B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

It sounds nice but after a while you probably hate it like I did with straight through pipe so I put a large backbox on and now it sounds more subtle and less annoying when driving on motorway

Comment

Ryan buddy,it sounds like when the old exhaust was taken off and someone forgot to put the new one on and said you're done.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by SE_30 View Post
                I've followed your project thread and your car is one of the nicest out there. I don't mean to be harsh when I say this but I don't think that the exhaust note at present suits the car in it's present it guise, if you get my drift.

Sorry..
                I don't really think so either..it's very harsh but it just sounds mental on boost I'm addicted, I do still have the rear box so I can switch out very easily when I'm feeling sensible . Cheers

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
                It sounds nice but after a while you probably hate it like I did with straight through pipe so I put a large backbox on and now it sounds more subtle and less annoying when driving on motorway
                Yep I'm still trying to figure out the perfect street setup, this definitely isn't it but it's fun to mess around with it for now

Originally posted by cadiddy View Post
                That's got quite a bark to it WOT must sound the ********
                WOT sounds insane! Some tunnel action put the biggest smile on my face

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                On idle that sounds like mine does when the back box falls off!
                Serious question but why does your back box have to fall off?

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                Sounds wicked but reckon on a long journey you'll need ear plugs
                Driving along it isn't that bad but on WOT it is ridiculous!

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                Ryan buddy,it sounds like when the old exhaust was taken off and someone forgot to put the new one on and said you're done.
                The exhaust guy said that he didn't think it was too over the top

He did some seriously great work and couldn't be happier finding someone I could trust to do the work
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

sound like the S4 im breaking, oh but that has only got the downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                    Yep I'm still trying to figure out the perfect street setup, this definitely isn't it but it's fun to mess around with it for now
                    I've got an exhaust bypass valve which I'm hoping to have fitted very soon - nice and quiet when I'm setting off for work in the morning or wide open when I feel like having max volume coming out straight from the downpipe

Serious question but why does your back box have to fall off?
                    It came off the first time after driving through a deep puddle one rainy day and I loved the noise it made. It's fallen off a couple time since then but just shakes itself back in line then heat seems to weld it back up

Comment

Blunt here: your car was one of the nicest S2'son the forum. Now it's not. You should have left it stock. And bought another one, a crappy one and tune it like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
                        Blunt here: your car was one of the nicest S2'son the forum. Now it's not. You should have left it stock. And bought another one, a crappy one and tune it like this.
                        It is not so bad, it just OEM + right now (RS2 spec)

I think the only harsh mods I have done with it were the Single Mass Flywheel and the exhaust but I still have the old backbox to make it nice and quiet again

I cannot afford to pay another 1,500 license yearly on another S2

If I do that I will buy an RS2 and keep it sensible (stock)
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Sounds like mine with the valve open
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

It is not so bad, it just OEM + right now (RS2 spec)

I think the only harsh mods I have done with it were the Single Mass Flywheel and the exhaust but I still have the old backbox to make it nice and quiet again

I cannot afford to pay another 1,500 license yearly on another S2

If I do that I will buy an RS2 and keep it sensible (stock)
                            Do like me: register the car on Bulgaria, you pay 250 euro (insurance + taxes) per year

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              Sounds like mine with the valve open
                              That sound is awesome, can't get enough of it. Where would the best place be for installing a valve and best place to route wiring (if it is an electronically operated valve) under the car?

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
                              Do like me: register the car on Bulgaria, you pay 250 euro (insurance + taxes) per year
                              I would but Maltese government is a farce. You can only keep a foreign registered car with foreign plates for up to 14 days after which you are fined 10 euro every day. Maltese government hates car enthusiasts and I hate them so this is my F*** you to them
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                              X