No announcement yet.

WeBuyAnyCar.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£205 (A4 1.8T Quattro Sport X reg Dec 2000 - 109,285)
    RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
    RS2 - LHD on the road again
    RS2 - reduced to component parts
    RS2 Saloon replica
    A4 1.8T
    BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
    sigpic

Comment

That's an insult as you got it for pretty much trade price and it 'was' very tidy and worth every penny of the 2K you paid, I was expecting about £1300 for it.

Anyway, **** it I'll chuck all my Shell V-power Lego in with the £5K, surely that should seal the deal?
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Yes I didn't mention the little bump I had!

V-Power Lego?? ...now your talking, anyone else beat that??
        RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
        RS2 - LHD on the road again
        RS2 - reduced to component parts
        RS2 Saloon replica
        A4 1.8T
        BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
          Yes I didn't mention the little bump I had!

V-Power Lego?? ...now your talking, anyone else beat that??
          Pmsl!!! Am out Kit wins lol!!!

Comment

we went in to those webuyanycar.com guys in glasgow a few years ago when my ex was trying to get rid of her vrs. the website said they'd give her £7000 for it. so, we went in to their ****** little office in the middle of an industrial estate to find two scrap metal looking guys in there. there was a couple to our left and all you could hear was "yup, i'm sorry, that's all it's worth today" and "oh that's terrible - we thought it would be worth more than that"

when we got underway with the johnny vegas of the second hand car world, we showed him the print out of the seven grand valuation produced around 12 hours earlier at home. he sucked his teeth and shook his head and started tapping away on his computer. he came out with this classic:

"WELL, ON TODAY'S MARKET, THE VALUATION ON YOUR CAR COMES IN AT £6000" we both burst out laughing and asked him how on earth a pristine car like that could lose a grand in less than a day!! he said, "MARKET VARIATIONS - THE PRICES GO UP AND DOWN EVERY DAY!"

don't use these creeps even at a last resort - total scammers. we felt really sorry for the couple next to us who decided to take the ****** offer on their car.

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Having been
              in the retail motor trade since leaving school (and that was quite some years ago ! ). It never cesses to amaze me how retail car buyers will walk into a new car showroom or used car site and almost without exception will do there dam best to get every last penny out of the deal on the car they are buying ( "Knock another £200 off the price "will you give me free floor mats ". "How about a tank of fuel ? ". "throw in an extra years warranty and I will have it") All of which we will give them as the margin we have in the car will not be greatly effected. End result the customer feel's like he has had a deal and the garage has sold a unit.
              Now fast forward to when they want to change there car. We buy any car says "You get a better deal when you don't part exchange" Most dealers I know love a part exchange. Someone has brought a used car to their door that in most cases they can retail and make a profit on it if not whack it out to a trader and make a £100 trade profit. I'm sure no one believes WBA make a loss on every car they buy
              It seems odd that when we buy we want the earth yet when we sell we are quite prepared to be well and truly rodgered

Comment

So what they actually do is "chip" down the money, and heavily....
                Any discrepancies in the details you tap in, like if you say it's 70k miles, and it's got 70,001, and they knock £100 off... Any dint, mark scratch or blemish and its £50 off a time... £50 a wheel as well for any marks....
                If they see a missing stamp in a book, guess what, more money off.

Equally, they don't test drive them. As long as you have driven the car there, and it starts, that's enough.
                Because all they do is get loaded on a transporter and straight out to auction(BCA).
                On that basis,they no the likelihood that even at auction it's going to go for more than what they have given the poor punter. Especially with the hammer fees....
                Nice lucrative way of keeping cars moving around, what with the volume they get....

Comment

It's all about the ease of transaction.

Part ex is great if a garage or trader has a car you want. You can arrange a deal drive in and drive out in something new and shiny.

If you want to release the cash to buy privately or just buy something else then wbac is a quick and easy option compared to having a dedicated church going from Nigeria wanting to buy it for his vicar. Or people asking is you'd take half the asking price.

A family member sold an MX5 a few years back. I suggested a private sale to add more cash to the new car fund but the hassle was deemed not worth it so it went to wbac.

Comment

With all the above in mind, rumour has it wbac are owned by a very large car supermarket and the good cars ho for resale and the rest scrap/auction...
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

if its car craft then they are a scam too, they charge like +50% market value for a car, but the deal maker is they will give guaranteed finance on it, at 99billion% apr. same as that bright house or home furniture and tv shop on the high street. annoys the **** out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                        if its car craft then they are a scam too, they charge like +50% market value for a car, but the deal maker is they will give guaranteed finance on it, at 99billion% apr. same as that bright house or home furniture and tv shop on the high street. annoys the **** out of me!
                        I think it's called screwing a customer who has no money and requires something that has obviously broken and can't do without annoys me to mate

Comment

Working...
                        X