Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nogaro S6 Avant

Hi
    So I thought I would start with a few pic's and questions .
    First I will apologise for my spelling and punctuation it's not my strong point.
    After around 30 years of owning Hillman imp's it was time to find something more comfortable and useable.
    I have owned a couple of Audi tdi's in the past, But have a Vw t5 for work so I thought the S6 just for occasional use would be ok. I bought the S6 around November time off Ebay, The car is standard, Has 170000 miles on the clock, But has receipts for service work etc.for over 16k. I have not used the car much, But would like more Hp. So where do I start, Brake's? Suspension?, Is the Volvo k24 turbo conversion easy? And would I need a remap?
    Thanks in Advance
    Attached Files
    Urs6 avant nogaro
    s2 avant

A decent remap, and all of the items on the car back / up to oem standard, and see how you go from there.

This forum is dangerous with loads posts of all of the upgrades they've done. But what is not always mentioned is that the car may not be as nice to drive as it was.

NVH - Noise Vibration & Harshness.

Not too many weak links on a UrS6, unlike an S2.

If you're intent on changing one or two additional items, some of which would be implied above as in having up to oem, but as the car is over 16 years old, I would suggest, a Bosch 710N blow off valve, N75, timing belt and tensioner, new bolt, and an aftermarket uprated pulley, others will post a link, new NGK spark plugs, rubber spark plug boots, (assuming you don't go for the newer all in one coils, but do this in connection with your remap so that any difference in the dwell angle is taken into account. Check and most likely replace the lower control arms, a pita of a job, don't forget the little inserts that are needed as part of the job of the replacement of the lower control arms. Also the rear adjuster arm at the top of the rear suspension, don't know it's proper name.

Replace the two rubber water pipes under the inlet manifold that that are out of sight and when old can burst without warning. Replace them with oem for another 15 years of service.

Upgrade the fuel pump to a 044 if the pump is still original.

Fresh shocks will be better than 10 year old existing ones, also top mounts, and especially the white bearing rings under the top mounts.

Decent floor rubber mats / carpets to protect the inside. New wiper blades.

Look up UrS4boy's link that lists the things most likely to strand a UrS6.

Have look at the stickies on Quattroworld.com for UrS6 cars.

HTH this helps. :roll eyes: It should also keep you occupied for a while.

Last edited by macspring; 2 May 2015, 12:32.

Comment

Lovely car you have there.I remember the car well.......it suddenly disappeared with the caption "This item is no longer available" i just love that.....not I guess you really wanted it then?

I have the same car in Ming Blue.If your looking for advice you will get lots of different ideas but if your like me and want a reasonably comfortable car i would just overhaul the suspension for standard parts.There are i believe 3 different standard springs for these. There is a version which sits quite high and is probably most comfortable.Then there is a middle spring which sits lower,which looks like yours,which looks much better and then there's another same ride height 2 silver dots and 1 pink on the spring but stiffer still.

Do you know what springs you have?? A clean up should reveal the colored dots on the springs.

As far as performance increase you will get loads of different advice but it would depend what power you want. A really nice upgrade in my opinion is the Volvo K24 conversion which benefits from newer turbo technology/ design over a standard RS2 turbo with much quicker spool up making the car an awesome everyday driver. Read Ruffiano posts on the Volvo K24 turbo and also Byrds noggy blue S6 Volvo conversion he did. Here's the link.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56706

Whatever you do good luck with it.
      Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 29 January 2015, 14:23.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I think you will find the colour is cornflower blue not ming blue which is very much darker

Comment

Originally posted by mullder View Post
          I think you will find the colour is cornflower blue not ming blue which is very much darker
          Which car is cornflower blue??
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

The P Reg one ( Picture in boat yard )

Comment

Hi, nice car, like the colour ;-)

Hey is a link to mine, similar car, Volvo turbo conversion. I sold it a few years back , but bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Ivan

Comment

The P Reg one ( Picture in boat yard )
                When i first posted i mentioned that my one was Ming Blue.The OP's car is Nogaro blue. Audi didn't do a cornflower blue on any C4 S6.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Thanks chaps, Some great points there, And the NVH i hadn't thought about. I'm sort of used to the noise aspect Hillman imp at over 10,000 rmp is pretty loud.
                  Now that got me worried about the colour, Only I've been looking for a nogaro avant for about 2 years.
                  Just checked the log book and it's lz5m colour code!
                  Urs6 avant nogaro
                  s2 avant

Comment

Originally posted by byd1380 View Post
                    Hi, nice car, like the colour ;-)

Hey is a link to mine, similar car, Volvo turbo conversion. I sold it a few years back , but bought it a couple of weeks ago.

Ivan
                    Already put your link up mate.
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I stand corrected !!!

Comment

Lovely noggy blue S6

Have a look at my thread, it shows a few things like the water pipes that should be replaced.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74147

more pictures required

Comment

Quite agree.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I stand corrected !!!
                            It's happened to a bishop and an actress, so no worries.

Fair play to you for correcting your (minor) mistake.

Nice / friendly / helpful posts, with banter continue to make this forum a great resource for older S cars, and a good place to frequent.

Regards.

Comment

If you fit a k24 7400 you will need a remap (PRJ has a k24 7400/440cc injector software) and bigger injectors. For general use k24 7400 would be great, a more modern elevated powerband, without adding lag.

A good generic chipset is hard to beat, 280ish, and LOADS more torque, for £150ish, best bang for buck mod.

If the car is in good mechanical condition I would chip it, enjoy driving it and you can collect parts for brake/power/whatever upgrades you decide you need.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                              X