• Project 100 nearly ready!

well this is what ive been messing about with for the last few weeks
    should be ready for some track action at combe
    if it starts!!
    Attached Files

who did the intercooler?

Habib

Comment

what air box and that have you used on there too?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thats freaky Martin - thats exactly the diagram/idea i sent off to Pace looking for a quote. Basically remove the aux radiator and effectively have a double pass intercooler!

Would be very interested to know who made it and what the price was - also what is any gains you notice too. In this cool october air it should go like a rocket!!!!!!!

Cheers,

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

well, the conversion was originally done in '96, owner spent quite a few grand on it, featured in audi driver mag(sept 96) qst did most of the work, anyway, some german guy made a batch of these intercoolers this being one of them, think the largest one is from a ur20v, says treser on the side,
          considered doing something similar using 2 s2 intercoolers but reckon youll have to bin the aux rad and use different crossmember.
          airbox is from a ur20v, previous owner fitted nitrous (far too much) and some rs2 bits and blew a rod through the block, i went to buy the rs2 bits and ended buying the whole car basically, found a complete ur20v engine for £350 so slapped it in.
          just about to start it up so well see what happens

martin

Comment

I remember that car, I also remember the guy who used to own it travelled quite a lot on the continent. He and Kim fell out, though, don't know why.

Comment

he used to do lots of meetings at santa pod, when it was running nitrous said he was never beaten up the strip, the looks on peoples faces was a picture. even at combe last week it was eating tt's and s3's for breakfast, even an rs4 owner got sick of us, not bad for a car thats cost us a grand in total

Comment

Im in the process of getting this thing (avant slipper mobile) going again after doing the head gasket...well trying to anyway, but cant get a spark, double checked the setting of dizzy etc and all is fine, the only code stored is 2111, cant remember which code is normally stored with engine off,
                havent touched timing/speed sensors so cant understand what it could be.
                rrgghh

Comment

Martin, 2111 is the normal Engine Speed code stored with the engine off.
                  Jim

Comment

darn it! back to the drawing board then.

cheers jim

Comment

Just a suggestion, check plug on dizzy is fully home, had that prob when I did head gasket on Beeties coupe! Took me a while to find it as well as it is tucked right down the back of the unit. Looked home but ended up having to push the connector clip in and then pushing plug on. Had double jointed arms and fingers for that one!!!!
                      Hope it is that, then you are sorted!
                      A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Thanks, im positive its on ok but ill double check when get home, tried the coil on the s2 and is fine, so need to check wether theres actually any signal getting to it!! :confused:
                        pissing me right off as need to get this running as ive got loads to do to the s2...suspension and alignment need sorting asap, seems to feel more knackered everyday

Comment

Did you manage to sort your prob on the 100? or are you still ?
                          A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Havent had time last couple of days, i'll have a look at it in the morning
                            so i'm still

Comment

ha ha... sussed it
                              one of the wires inside the multiplug that goes to the coil was dodgy
                              roll on the next track day
                              cheers for the tips!

Comment

Working...
                              X