Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTM tuning chips on ebay. Too good to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTM tuning chips on ebay. Too good to be true?

S2/S4/S6 "MTM" chips on ebay for £120 as against the 750 euro asked by MTM. Looks too good to be true to me, only 7 feedback as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTM-Chip-T...item35e6f49547

Originally posted by raccabuda View Post
    S2/S4/S6 "MTM" chips on ebay for £120 as against the 750 euro asked by MTM. Looks too good to be true to me, only 7 feedback as well.
    Probably not real. Real MTM chipa would have labela and the fuel chip would be sitting on an MTM daughter/scrambler board like this one:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Maybe a simple funcionable copy.

Why not?
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

It might be... But then it may not.

Why take the risk?

Comment

I can't comment on the eBay chips, I certainly wouldn't use such 'unknown' software unless I had wideband AFR, EGT and boost gauges to see what the engine is actually doing. If their proper copies then their good value, if their not you could end up killing your motor, it's a pretty big gamble.

PRJ on here is the man for generic chips, he's just done me a set for 200 Euro's delivered, slightly more than the eBay one's but you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the photo Dave, it further confirms the origin of the software in my RS2's ECU, same hand writing and my motor chip is sat in a daughter board.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
          X