X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 S2 Coupe "the classic green pearl"

I have introduced myselfe in the new member section:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77769

I also decided to do a members car thread about the reason i am here today.
    My newest pride and joy; a 94 ABY with a couple nice options as 4x power windows
    and a glass sunroof other than that it has black cloth interior and climate control as standard.

Engine has a few tweeks, Rosten rods, K26/T04 garrett hybrid turbo RS2 intercooler, fuel pump and injectors. waiting for a new maf-turbo hose so i can fit a RS2 airbox with green insert.

Brakes have been upgraded with Porsche small reds and black diamond 314mm discs

Suspension is H&R/Bilstein cup kit

wheels are 8,5x19 ET35 BBS LM reps. Not sure if Im keeping these (
    I think 19 is a bit to big on a coupe, thoughts?) 5mm spacers in front because of the brakes. Im leaning a bit towards some wide ones in 18" with motorsport look.

The car wont be a project, but there will always be things to do on a car like this, I will try to update as things get done.

Pictures are welcome as usual ?

My first meet with the car a week ago

I was spotted by some petrolheads on my way home, small world i got this sent to me by a friend who recieved it as a snapchat

Just got it back home, time for a spa

Results :

Nur quattro

1994 S2 Coupe

Great pics, thanks for sharing...
    I think quite a few of us are affected by the need to change wheels regularly.....I have 2 different sets of standard 16"alloys and 2 different sets of 18" wheels....
    The classic LM design lets a coupe just manage visually, the big 19" size, and no one is going to say your car looks anything other than stunning

Comment

That green is simply stunning More photos when you can
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

s2

what colour is that luvly lookn machine

Comment

Thank you, the collor is LC6U classic green pearl from vw
          Nur quattro

1994 S2 Coupe

Comment

Clutch slipped, dripping gear oil

So it happened, the guy i bought the car from said he had the gearbox out 8 months ago due to a clutch slip, but since everything was fine, he cleaned up and put it back togheter he should have taken a better look.
            i felt a clutchslipp on my way home when buying it and it has happend a few times after that. And here is the reason:
            I found this on the garagefloor, hmm

yeep, gearoil

As suspected, drops hanging from the bellhouse. F... !!

Having a pretty new sachs clutch i did not take any chances.

With the exhaust out of the way, let the "fun" begin

couple hours later, at least there was no hole in the bellhouse
            but it was soaking

and there was oil on every clutch-part

And here we have the sinner:

Have been cleaning everything at my best, and the clutch disc is now boiling on the stove, did the parts in the part cleaner at work at 90degrees c but just to be sure, im boiling it to see if anything else comes out.

Seal is ariving tomorrow, so hope to have it back on wheels at least by saturday.
            update to come

Later, Juvkam
            Last edited by Juvkam78; 23 July 2015, 20:18.
            Nur quattro

1994 S2 Coupe

Comment

Those LM's really look the business!

Comment

That's a bad surprise, good for taking care of it immediately

Comment

Good news, car is up and running again with no leaks or clutch slipp All in all a pretty easy job, it just takes time and a tad elbow grease
                  Nur quattro

1994 S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by simon20vq View Post
                    Those LM's really look the business!
                    Yes, they look good on almost any car, I think the 19" is growing on me as well
                    Nur quattro

1994 S2 Coupe

Comment

A small but big "upgrade" Threw the cone greenfilter out and installed a RS2 Airbox with a green insert and a 3" maf-turbo hose from 034 motorsport. Looks mutch better right?

Yep I have to paint the RS blue intercooler piece asap :-P
                      Nur quattro

1994 S2 Coupe

Comment

I usually don't like green cars, but this color is very nice.

BTW, I also have leaks from the bell house, but mine is engine oil. :/

Comment

Reason why fluid(s) might their way into the 01E transmission bell housing

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                          BTW, I also have leaks from the bell house, but mine is engine oil. :/
                          Reason why fluid(s) might their way into the 01E transmission bell housing
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...415#post867415

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that the real seal is leaking.

I wont waste time on it though. Full engine rebuild planned for the next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                              You don't have to be a genius to figure out that the real seal is leaking. I wont waste time on it though. Full engine rebuild planned for the next summer.
                              Or when your clutch starts slipping because the disc is soaked on oil.
                              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                              X