No announcement yet.

Help in buying ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Said its all fine underneath. If I go see it I'll spend a decent amount of time crawling around the underside of it anyway aswell as inside and under the Bonnet. Will a standard generic code reader read codes or does it have to be vagcom ?
    Also not sure if your being sarcastic or not s2driveruk haha

Comment

Originally posted by S2noob View Post

Thanks for your opinion fat Audi 80 I appreciate all input. I'm not going to bid on the auction and hopefully nobody else will. Then going to go down to see the car in person and hopefully make him a cheeky offer. If that doesn't pan out I'll just wait for another one to surface
      You're on the ball with your thoughts.

You're right another one will come along in due course that will be 'better', if your plan does not work out.

Looking forward to your thread on what you do buy in due course.

Comment

Looking at getting one that I can drive while fixing up if you get my drift. And I know forgot to mention the mk1 as didn't think people on a Audi site would appreciate haha

Comment

Reply was heads not been off to his knowledge and his friend who he got the car off still has the original clocks

Comment

Guy said it has no ac condenser on it.
            Said it had collapsed so was removed when the radiators were replaced and that it's rare for ac on a car of this age to work. Bearing in mind the ac condensers are like £80 you're of thought it would have been replaced.
            Very strange

Comment

Guy said it has no ac condenser on it.
              Said it had collapsed so was removed when the radiators were replaced and that it's rare for ac on a car of this age to work. Bearing in mind the ac condensers are like £80 you're of thought it would have been replaced.
              Very strange
              Don't worry I wasn't being sarky..you sound like you are going in eyes wide open

I sunk £800 into trying to sort my a/c...3 compressors, numerous pipes hand made as at the time NLA I finally gave up and ripped it out. The condenser is hung in front of the radiator so they do get a lot of exposure and are not very strong and if it's not run often then the whole circuit leaks like a sieve so you'd be replacing pipes and seals just to do a vacuum test on it...then likely compressor seals are weak or perished so need a replacement unit just to get it gassed up.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

They are now rather hard to value as they do not come up for sale as much any more, and condition varies a lot, also means that even the dogs command money.

One for sale on this forum just now for £3700 for reference

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78834

Might be worth a skim through asking prices for S2 avants that were put up for sale here to get a feel

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/search....archid=3422533

I would just go see with your eyes open, note or photograph any areas you think are questionable and pop them up here for input.
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Nice when it works though
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks for your opinion fat Audi 80 I appreciate all input. I'm not going to bid on the auction and hopefully nobody else will. Then going to go down to see the car in person and hopefully make him a cheeky offer.if that doesn't pan out I'll just wait for another one to surface
                    No problem. I am convinced there are better cars out there other than this one, that includes a green one currently for sale at a bag less.

I would not consider buying one of these cars off the `bay. They should be bought from enthusiasts on car forums or owners clubs if you want a good one.

Good luck whatever you end up with.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                    X