S2 Avant - 100 % original -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant - 100 % original -

Hello, i´d like to introduce my avant and the story of buying it, because the way i got the the car happens maybe once a lifetime. But first i want to apologise for my english and hope it will be understood. Now the story of the purchase.
    I´m working for a carparts dealer around munich und visit garages. One of my costumer (let´s call him joe), who knows i´m interested in old audis, told me about a client of him who owns an old avant from the early 90´s. It´s an old lady and she drives very seldom since her husband died few years ago. The lady is his neighbour and he take the car maybe three times a year out of the garage and drives it, otherwise the car don´t move . Since few years he fixed the car if something had to be done. So he knows the condiditon of the audi. When he told me first the story i said to myself. Oh no, in fact i don´t want an Audi B4. But during a visit in Spring 2014 he said to me he changed the timing belt and the water pump and showed me the facts of the car on his computer. And when i saw the facts of the car i told him immediately i would like to buy the audi if the old lady wants to sell it. Joe promised me the car ist in good condition (only the brakes must be done), got a lot of extras i would be the first who can have a look at the car and it won´t be offered on a selling platform at the internet like autoscout or mobile. I believed him and waited for the moment of buying.
    In october 2014 joe gave me a call and told me the woman has decided to sell the car. He and i drove the flat of the owner, but she wasn´t home. He showed me the car in the underground garage. He´s got no key´s but he told me the (real small) price and i said OK without hesitation. 2 days later we met each other and he´s got a signed contract from the lady and i signed also. So i bought the s2 without driving, just looking and trust in joe´s words. And he told the truth.
    The audi was in good condition. I had to change the brake discs and -pads and i changed also all liquids and filter.
    After the buy, i was driving home and felt like when i was a little kid on christmas day.
    Now some facts of the car.

- roll of the line: 05. September 1994
    - first registration: 29. September 1994
    - first hand
    - 117.000 km ( 72.000 miles)
    - checkbook cultivated
    - accident-free
    - non smoker´s car
    - garage carriages

- leather interior (extra)
    - climate control (extra)
    - heated seats in front (extra)
    - power sunroof (extra)
    - electric window lifters behind (extra)
    - wood decor (extra)
    - roof rails (extra)
    - ski bag (extra)

Original condition exept the wheels. I got myself some original wheel and put them on. In March last year is spent a full weekend to get the interior and the paint in good condition. Now the audi looks almost like it was 22 years ago.

I drive the car only from april to october. 1200 miles last year.
    During the wintertime it takes a "sleep".
    So in april this year i got some work to do at the underfloor. I will report.
    That´s it for now. Hope i didn´t bored you with my story.

The first picture is when i met the car the first time at the lady´s garage.
    Attached Files
    Audi 80 CL, ´84
    Audi 100 CS, ´87
    Audi Avant S2, ´94

Awesome. Change wheels, sell me interior and thats all

Comment

I thought you had already done this?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79963
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

He likes to show it off Don't blame him either tbh, cracking motor.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Great story lovely car ,maybe he knows Darry Hirty?
          sigpic
          Cab 2.3E
          90q
          URS6

Comment

nice and clean car!

Comment

The last days i took the avant to a friend of mine who does some dry-ice-blasting on the underbody of the car. I knew it was in a bad condition. When we tried to change the petrolfilter, the fuel line was in parts on my hand. A new one ist available at audi tradition and costs about 550 Euro. So we found a used one at a auto scrap disposal who had a B4 avant with good fuel lines on it`s ground. So we fixed the line about 2 meters. It works.
              After this my friend made the dry-ice-blasting and put a transparent wax on. I`m really happy with the result.
              The next step is a visit for smart repair and dent removal. I also know a guy who make this professional and he will make it for a small price. After this the car ist in my opinion in an absolut good original condition.
              By the way, the screws in the front are also new.
              Attached Files
              Audi 80 CL, ´84
              Audi 100 CS, ´87
              Audi Avant S2, ´94

Comment

I almost forgot some pictures comparing "before and after" for example at the left wheel house in front.
                And 2 brandnew photos of the car.
                Attached Files
                Audi 80 CL, ´84
                Audi 100 CS, ´87
                Audi Avant S2, ´94

Comment

Results look really god. I haven't heard of dry ice blasting before either
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Grüß dich Heiner! Ich besuchte einmal Ingolstadt im 2010. Deinen S2 Avant es sehr kuhl sein!

Comment

Working...
                    X