Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One S6 down and another S6 comes up

Hey mates,

I've been off from a while. Unfortunately the black S6 I came to Spain with is in pieces (breaking it) right now due to the inefficient work of Audi Spain to validate the paperwork registering my car on the Spanish market (they told me my 1996 S6 was not available in Spain but AFTER 1997....really???). Anyway I lost my patience and gived up. Found a beautiful Ruby red/ecru interior 95' S6 at 6,5hours away from home at a really good price. I could not resist this chance and signed it's documents 72hrs later back in June 2015.

The car was all stock and in good conds. Bought a set of S8d1 wheels, new tyres, new discs, new oil, new filters, refurbished injectors, and made a pair of changes since I blew the turbocharger's compressor wheel. So... I bough a log style cast iron EM, ported and polished it, exchanged all the intake parts from the black S6 and a few little other changes.

New turbocharger cartridge internals and a beautiful billet wheel. balanced the new shaft-comp wheel couple, ported and polished both housings (comp housing polished outside as well)

The billetted k2470 is really incredible, high boost comes at stupidly low revs but unfortunately it's very quiet lol Currently I have a leaking WG diaphragm (does anybody where can I found one at a good price?) and a water/alcohol DIY kit waiting to be installed. An exhaust cutoff will also be installed very soon.

Very latest pics:

I think I will be looking for a K26/27 charger soon preferably with the mapped chips too and will overhaul the complete engine with forged conrods on the early Summer maybe. You can also have a look on my Instagram where I ramdomly upload photos of the car and some of the mods I do!

Cheers all!

That's a very nice looking S6! Don't forget to post up here what your up to with progress reports.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by FabS6 View Post

Nice. Glad you got your situation resolved. Nice to have an UrS6 when you want one.

Hey Craig, see what S8D1's would be like on your car.

Comment

I thought of saying the same thing Mac but he's not interested so i didn't bother.

Mac what 10w /40 do you put in your car?
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

I thought of saying the same thing Mac but he's not interested so i didn't bother.
          I know, he's very dogmatic, but was just stirring the pot.

Mac what 10w /40 do you put in your car?
          Mobil 1 recently, but previously always Liquid Moli - Shop was shut. Always a decent branded oil and always decent tyres, the two things not to cheap out on imho.

Sorry FabS6 for the thread hijack.

Back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
            That's a very nice looking S6! Don't forget to post up here what your up to with progress reports.

Thanks mate!

Originally posted by macspring View Post
            I know, he's very dogmatic, but was just stirring the pot.

Mobil 1 recently, but previously always Liquid Moli - Shop was shut. Always a decent branded oil and always decent tyres, the two things not to cheap out on imho.

Sorry FabS6 for the thread hijack.

Back on topic.
            lol no worries Macspring! and well those wheels makes a huge difference on the look of the car even if it's design is the same as the stock 16"s!

Cheers everyone!

Comment

That looks very nice, great colour

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                That looks very nice, great colour
                Thank You mate! I really prefer this colour over the black ny other S6 had

Comment

Nice motor matey

sent from my not so smart phone
                  ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                  THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    Hey Craig, see what S8D1's would be like on your car.

Comment

which log manifold did you go with? I haven't been able to find a decent RS2 or log anywhere and don't feel like paying $900 for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FabS6
                        New turbocharger cartridge internals and a beautiful billet wheel. balanced the new shaft-comp wheel couple, ported and polished both housings (comp housing polished outside as well)
                        The billetted k2470 is really incredible, high boost comes at stupidly low revs but unfortunately it's very quiet lol ...
                        Nice looking car, especially like the colour .

The turbo is a billeted standard K24 7000 right?
                        Does it have much more top end power than standard?

Comment

Very nice fab!

Comment

i love thiscar paint..

Comment

Working...
                            X