No announcement yet.

My URS6 Plus Speck Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Am going to have to start a meet thread lol!

Comment

• Wow the old girl looks great, but missing the badges. What about a black tow ball cover, then it would all blend in?

Comment

• Thanks Steve, yes the missing badges i have brand new ones but despite asking no one has provided measurements! I'm thinking the same a nice black tow ball cover.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• This picture might help, if it uploads?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Steve for going to the trouble but it's still a guessing game.

What i need is someone who will take the time to make 2 card templates similar to that used in the factory where they are literally butted up in a second and stuck down.This way all the many thousands they might have sold in Europe and UK are all identical.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• That's all well and good if the donor car with the template has had the badges put in the correct place.

The old shed we looked at when you bought mine has the rings higher, but the S6 badge looks the same place. I'll knock his door and ask if I can measure up some time if you like?

If you get all the other S6 owners on here to measure up, you could at least see if there is a common measurement?

Comment

• I remember that old shed of an S6 with overflowing ashtray that looked more like the after effects of a Crematorium than someones interior.

That would be a good thing to do Steve, going to put up a general forum request one so everybody should see it fingers crossed.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• fullsizeoutput_1569.jpegfullsizeoutput_158d.jpeg Getting the car ready for ADI.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Very nice
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Wow that looks amazing Mark, I bet that caravan's a bit of a drag down the M3 though

Comment

• Thanks Dave.

Originally posted by moggies View Post
                        Wow that looks amazing Mark, I bet that caravan's a bit of a drag down the M3 though

The only thing this cars pulling is a rear bike rack.

I need one now, any recomendations? I remember you had one on it before you sold it to me.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• That towbar was only ever fitted and used for a bike rack.

This https://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/bik...4-bike-carrier is what I use.

I'm trying to find a picture of the S6 with the bikes on.

Comment

• Cheers Steve, that's good to know and pic would be great.

Something i had done recently gearbox and axle oils.

The oils taken out were extremely clean which leads me to think these must have been changed fairly recently? The cars gearbox - gear change has always been very good a testament to it's early life as a motorway muncher where most of it's miles were travelled and still travelled today. Since the change it's more silken and the car definitely drives feels that bit better.

image_71708.jpg

IMG_0815.JPGIMG_0821.JPG

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Bloody hell, look at you with your garage set up, nice one.

No boot badges yet then?

Comment

• It's not my garage wish it was this is Garys garage / business in Stains, shame it's a 45 mile round trip which can take 2 hrs (bloody M25) but well worth it I get him to do stuff i can't or don't want to do.

He's an aircraft engineer technician at BA and has his own workshop business on the side. Previously a master tech at VW he knows the A2s inside out and that's how i met him. Brilliant engineer /mechanic. I watched him replace the cam belt on the A2 the whole kit less than 2 hours, and it's a horrible job, and out came the thread chaser as one of the water pump bolts picked up. A really nice chap get on well with him and someone i trust.

Badges Had them in hand last week at the caravan, had all the gear isoprol alcohol etc and the boot lid needs painting again. So no point until it's re done.
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X