Audi 90 B2 headlight re-chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 90 B2 headlight re-chrome

So I bought this Audi 90 Quattro a couple of months ago now, few bits need sorting on it brakes, fuel metering head (away for refurbish), headlight re-chrome just got them back (WOW!)

I am just going to get it through MOT then play for a while whilst I finish my RS2.

Here are some pictures before and after, what a great job on the re-chroming.

One teaser picture of RS2 engine rebuild
    Attached Files

Lovely job on the rechrome. Thumbs up for the 'graffiti' on the wall

Comment

Ha! Ha! My daughter drew that and gave it to me when she was 12 or 13 it says (my work when I'm 17) how is that for a bit of foresight she is now 23 works for ISM Waste Recycling and she has had her class 1 licence since she was 18 One of the youngest girls in UK to pass her class 1

Comment

Lovely motor John, was that the one on ebay or on here? Out of interest who did you use to re-chrome them? Cheers Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

I spotted the 90 Quattro on Car & Classic website not too sure if it was on here or not although the previous owner is a member of the forum.

Always liked the 90 shape and sound although I've not heard this one running yet

The company who re chromed the headlights is call:
          Dual Metallising Limited, Birmingham - 0121 708 2748

John

Comment

Hi John
            OK. Seen one or two over the last 12 months same colour and wondered.
            Yeah especially from the rear, just been out in mine for fuel and sounds great.
            Very simple to work on engine wise so sure you will hear it soon.
            Thank you, good to know.
            Cheers
            Simon

Comment

very nice job on headlight (& love your engine btw)
              how many £ for that rechroming ?
              thanks
              tof
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy 3169 View Post
                The company who re chromed the headlights is call:
                Dual Metallising Limited, Birmingham - 0121 708 2748

John
                That's the same place that did my S2 lights, they're not cheap but they did a good job
                sigpic
                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

That looks very good, I had 10 reflectors done from various B2 90 headlights, they look nowhere near as good and they couldn't do the plastics, I believe they managed to do that on yours?

Comment

What a gem and what a find, lovely car I owned a B reg white one years ago, (along with 2 coupes all quattro) please keep it standard they will only go up in value.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Macchris View Post
                      very nice job on headlight (& love your engine btw)
                      how many £ for that rechroming ?
                      thanks
                      tof
                      Hi Tof,

They did a fantastic job re-chroming them not cheap though at £290.00

I will get some more pictures of the RS2 engine when its finished

John

Comment

Ouch that hurt !
                        thanks John for information ;-)
                        tof
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                          That looks very good, I had 10 reflectors done from various B2 90 headlights, they look nowhere near as good and they couldn't do the plastics, I believe they managed to do that on yours?
                          As Andy pointed out above not cheap but they managed to the lot steel and plastic look as good as each other

John

Comment

Originally posted by jimmcf View Post
                            What a gem and what a find, lovely car I owned a B reg white one years ago, (along with 2 coupes all quattro) please keep it standard they will only go up in value.

Jim
                            Hi Jim,

It needs some work but is a good base to make a great car again, I was thinking of keeping standard, I can't believe how good the interior is for its age, stating that only 2 previous owners on the log book although I think a couple of people have bought it with the intention of doing her up and not sent logbook off, I bought it of a forum member (Steve) he bought it from someone else yet according to the log book last owner change was 2001!

I'll get it through MOT and have a play for a while I think.

John

Comment

Working...
                            X