Audi S2/80 sedan-Halfblood - 1994 - ristokru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little update from 02.03.17

In winter i got four days in a row Audi tortured Last two days i got quattro in hand and it was FUN! This year four of the best days for sure.

Car withstood the pain and nothing to complain. However i got things to repair after that. In fourth day suddenly in final lap the battery light when on, i was lucky and it was only alternator belt. At first i watched with fear temp cauge and engine oil pressure. The pressure sits on the 1,5-2 beautifully.
    Fortunately i got home with only with battery power, faithful animal!

It was a surprise when i opent trunk and saw that battery sits in middle of boot. Battery holders was broken and battery game loose in track. Must make metal bracets to hold battery in place. I know that Avant OEM holder fits there somehow?
    Certainly car still needs the crankcase(engine) protection.

The bigger question is cooling. On the track temp was 90-100c. Coming off the track and letting the car cool down but the temp rise above 100c. Why it dont hold temp. in 90c? I did put new thermostat but nothing.

Some pictures also:

Esimestel päevadel juhtus seda tihti

Comment

Great pics, battery coming loose I less than ideal though
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
        Great pics, battery coming loose I less than ideal though
        Battery will have now metal brackets and lets think it will hold

Comment

https://www.upload.ee/thumb/6975251/...99276475_n.jpgA small update to the car, and whats been planned.

So far, the car itself runs nicely and had nothing to complain. After the ice track looks like exhaust system got damaged and over time it made bigger sound . Pleasantly mild, thanks to the sounds came from both the front and back: D
          So the car had exhaust and the rear wheel bearing change. Now its quiet car as it should be. Maybe to quiet..

As one of the first original shock absorber run out of oil then i will have to deal with it. My friend gave me hes old S2 Avand new..(i dont know whats in english but you will see in pics.). The plan is to clean and paint them black.
          Plan is to attach there new Konis or Biltstein B6. And when all thing ready then directly to the car and old ones will stay in garage.

If someone have to offer shocks with better prize then

Other thing is that maybe if all are going fine then i will have ABY Airbox from this forum. Lets hope we can make the deal

Ready for summer

With holes are those? In the winter when driving its not very good when it throws salt in..
          Last edited by ristokru; 26 May 2017, 14:24.

Comment

Comment

Some time have gone and car still running good. But still temperature problem exist and no one knows why. some says its normal with S2 3b motors.

I let made new gear stick leather. Looks so much better!
              filedata/fetch?id=1995164&d=1501242071&type=thumb

Also got from this forum ABY Airbox. I have been looking that box about a year now Many many thanks to this member who also was very helpful!

Before,in progress and after:
              filedata/fetch?id=1995166&d=1501242090&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=1995167&d=1501242094&type=thumb

It looks so much better and it feels that car is more aggressive

I hoped that car will also be doing more that turbo pshhhh sound but now it so quiet and i can hear anything. In 3b airbox there was washable sport filter and there was some hole made under the box. In ABY box i did put original filter(about 10euros). How i can get my pshhh sound back??
              Attached Files
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 4 photos.
              Last edited by ristokru; 28 July 2017, 13:01.

Comment

Little update for my car. Its still lives and have been little bit improved. But lets say that this car makes life hard. I will never got money for making it faster because it always need attention and money flyes everywhere

Have refurbished alternator but still car shows loading 12-13v. We cant find the problem. I need to try new battery. Because it looks that this one is done the job. Maybe it somehow makes that low voltage..
                Gearbox brake down. Now new gearbox under car.
                Refurbished front brakes.
                New frond springs and oem top mounts.
                Welded my RS2 seats. Frames was broken but now all good and newly painted.

Still to do:
                Loading problem.
                Idle problem.
                Cooling problem.

Some point problem with cooling. But this hose was hard to find.
                filedata/fetch?id=2039216&d=1537802990&type=thumb
                So I made my self new hose
                filedata/fetch?id=2039218&d=1537802990&type=thumb
                Then front subframe was rasty and i did find a new one. Sandblasted it and covered with black paint. Also changed oem bushes for AKMotorsport ones.

Had hard time to have MOT do my car i had to make also improvements
                filedata/fetch?id=2039219&d=1537802991&type=thumb

filedata/fetch?id=2039228&d=1537804274&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=2039227&d=1537804274&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=2039225&d=1537804274&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=2039226&d=1537804274&type=thumb

Attached Files
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 9 photos.
                Last edited by ristokru; 24 September 2018, 16:52.

Comment

Some good work on fixing . These cars do take quite a bit of maintaining. Are all of the windings good on the alternator?
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    Some good work on fixing . These cars do take quite a bit of maintaining. Are all of the windings good on the alternator?
                    A lot of attention needs this car. I more fix it that drive
                    I thing alternator is good because it was refurbished in alternator repair shop.They tested it and changed only bearings.

Comment

Working...
                    X