Fat Audi 80's old 80 Sport Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Audi 80's old 80 Sport Edition

As requested by Nuvo, here are some more pictures of my old '80 Sport Edition.

It was the last of the line 1991 Audi 80 2.0 8v Sport Edition with the Kamei front and rear over bumper spoilers....

A good write up is here: http://www.matey-matey.com/j34reh.shtml

Cheers,

Steve
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

And the rear with Jetex Full Exhaust system:
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

LOL thats your website? the amount of times i've stumbled across that website in my searches..................

Comment

No - Not my website, they just hosted a feature on my car way back when...

As for the searching, you are right, its amazing the amount of emails I have had over the years from people who have hit that site via google and wanted to know where I got parts for the car from....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Steve, your article makes an intesting read.

I would have used the red rear corner markers from an Avant (which you mention) and the red registration surround from a 90/Cabriolet just to update it a little.

Stonking none the less.

Nuvo.

Comment

I did have the rear indicators painted red with the light spray but it seemed to wear off after a while and also the indicator did not shine orange any more

You are quite right about the avant red indicators, and red rear number plate surround that would have looked great.

It was a shame I had to sell it to fund the S2 as I think I could afford to run both of them now and that make a lovely little Audi family!

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

You didnt ever happen to experience really un-even idling, lumpy tick over and poor fuel economy on this 8-valver by any chance?

Comment

sorry but these forum inserted images never work for me... maybe a url link?
                ABY Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robatron
                  You didnt ever happen to experience really un-even idling, lumpy tick over and poor fuel economy on this 8-valver by any chance?
                  Erm, sort of, very poor fuel comsumption and poor running solved by inserting a new lambda probe in its exhaust pipe!

I have to say it was a fantastic car and was sold still going strong with 263,000 miles on it. The only major work it had done on it was a top end rebuild with new valve stem seals and a clutch.....

Brilliant cars and I want another one for a daily driver..... (with polished speedlines..)

Cheers,

Steve
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
                    sorry but these forum inserted images never work for me... maybe a url link?
                    Did you try the url in the original post??
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robatron
                      My Avant 8-valver has un-even idling after about 10 mins driving, that seems to clear after another 5 mins.
                      I've not calculated it properly, but I think my fuel consumption is pretty poor too (About 300 - 350 miles from a full tank?)
                      Changed my t'stat the other week, which has stopped it running at <50˚ most of the time, although it occasionally drops from 90˚ to 50˚ for no obvious reason...

Still, the drilled airbox and K&N makes it sound a bit throaty, and it's only an old beater while I save up for an S(hmm 2 or 4, not sure which at the mo'), so I'll put up with the old girl for now...
                      Nothing feels fast for long...
                      sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Nice 80! this is my 90Q
                        Attached Files
                        Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

nice colour
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by quattro
                            Nice 80! this is my 90Q
                            Isn't that for sale on ebay???

Looks good!
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

Ask Jamo.

( I felt left out by not cashing in on the ebay jokes aswell)

Comment

Working...
                              X