cool headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool headlights

hi the headlights on the blue s2 at top of page are like xenon lights my coupe dont have them n was wondering where i could get them from or what car they are from thanx

I guess you're talking about the ellipsoids on Doug_RS's car. I take it your car is a 3B, right?
    SS

Comment

its the exact same as the blue coupe at top of page except mines pearl but i aint sure how to tell if its a 3b are u getting these refrences from the chassis number they lights are called ellipsoids arent they anyone know where to get them from n roughly how much to pay they certainly do freshen up the front of the coupes cheers

Comment

Originally posted by pearlys2
        its the exact same as the blue coupe at top of page except mines pearl but i aint sure how to tell if its a 3b are u getting these refrences from the chassis number they lights are called ellipsoids arent they anyone know where to get them from n roughly how much to pay they certainly do freshen up the front of the coupes cheers
        What year is your car? is your car 5 spd or 6spd? and is the battery under the bonnet or under the rear seat?

Comment

the battery is under the bonnet it is a 5 speed and am sure its 1991 its on a private plate the now cheers

Comment

Originally posted by pearlys2
            the battery is under the bonnet it is a 5 speed and am sure its 1991 its on a private plate the now cheers
            You sir, have a 3B engined car

Comment

"my coupe dont have them"

He may not have an S2 at all????

Comment

Originally posted by S2Roo
                "my coupe dont have them"

He may not have an S2 at all????
                Hey says he does in this thread, although Pearly never calls his car an S2

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8832

Comment

If you've got a 3B/ 1991 coupe, you've got the oldstyle normal lenses. You've got two options to change the lights.
                  You can either fit a retro-fit HID kit to the main H4 bulbs which will give you the brigher xenon-discharge output, but in the standard old lenses. This is what I've done for example.
                  Or, you can locate the later-style "ellipsoid" lenses which were fitted on S2s made after (correct me if this is wrong) 1994? These have different bulbs, lenses etc.
                  If you go for the ellipsoid option, you can then again upgrade these with a retro-fit HID kit to truly blind oncoming traffic!

Either way, I think the good poeple at www.vagparts.com would be able to offer you all of these changes.
                  Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

and i have a passenger side ellipsoid headlamp complete for only 75 snickers - if anyone is interested..
                    imster

Comment

Poo! I've got LH ellipsoid as well - but I really want a RH light as Kitty's pair don't match since our meeting with a deer back in 2003...

__MDC__
                      Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

i was up at crail today and saw a R reg convertable with the ellipsoid headlights looked nice mine has the older style lenses gona source a set those lights soon a think,my cars a 20v turbo 5cyl with 5 speed box so its a 3B aint it cheers

Comment

IIRC Martyn from Vagparts siad the older style lenses (as from the 3b) Are the better ones as they distribute the light better!
                          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

I found high beam better on the old 3B headlights, but I don't use high beam much, so the ABY ellipsoids were definitely a big improvement.
                            SS

Comment

Working...
                            X