MRC'd S2, very very impressive power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRC'd S2, very very impressive power!

Past friday MRC was over to map the S2. After fixing some boost leaks and collecting the big-@ss injectors through overnight parcel. We could hit the road. Soon after that we were pumping big power out the 5-cil lump. Running @ 2 bar peak to 1,6-ish @ redline. Spooling from low revs started @ about 3K rpm, to full boost @ 3800 RPM. Pickup from the turbo after shifting amazed me. It spooled really quickly. WG worked a treat aswell. The Open WG pipe is fecking great. The sound is awesome together with the 3" single muffler exhaust system. You can scare the hell out of pedestrians, haha.
    So on friday night we did some timed runs with M's stopwatch/phone
    100 - 200 in 'bout 8 seconds
    1/4 mile ~ 12 sec's (with M. and his stuff in the car, full interiour and lousy alignment)
    So that was kind of impressive :cool

Saturday morning we did some runs on Oxiginated 98 octane. That would be the equivelent of 116 octane.
    That worked perfect great. Excllent fuel. To bad we couldn't get some timed runs with that in it. Because after a couple of WOT runs, power was gone. No power at all...... @ 5000 RPM at WOT it felt like I lifted off the throttle.
    We let the car roll to a service area. It was really badly idling like 2 cilinders weren't working. And blowing big white clouds of smoke.
    What happend there? The nut that locks the compressor wheel on the shaft in the turbo came loose The Compressor wheel drilled itself in the compressor housing.
    Chipping the housing, loosing its bearings etc. etc. It all ended up in the engine..... Big scrapping marks on the hone.
    The Nut that holds the compressor housing, had a wrong thread on it. So the wheel onbolted itself, instead of tightening itself...... And the nut was not locked with loctite or any other locking compound. We retrieved the nut in the airfilter.
    So a big hand to the turbo manufacturer

Tommorrow I'm visting him about this event.
    Mihnea did an excellent job mapping the car. It "was " bloody quick. To bad it ended because of a turbo bloke that doesn't understand his profession.

MRC Thanks again!

Cheers, Keep you guys updated!
    Last edited by Jeffer; 3 May 2005, 13:59.
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Well I severely hope that 'turbo bloke' will be named and shamed here for all to see unless he pays for all of the damage caused by his mistake !

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Good luck with getting your engine and turbo sorted out, Such a shame it went like that when the engine was running nicely.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Jeffer,

sorry to hear about your engine, good luck getting it fixed m8.

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Just remembered that Jeffer went to great expense and time investment on much custom work on that engine. That makes it even worse. Jeffer you must be really gutted - when I first posted I thought a stock engine had been blown by a badly rebuilt turbo.

You must be fuming mad !

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks guys for the support. YEs I'm really sad about this. After all the work we put in to it. It was seriously quick tough And that made us very proud, That our own manufactured stuff works a treat. The Manifold worked perfectly. Wg worked good aswell. Spoolup was excellent. So we have a solid base to work further on. We maybe going to install a bigger turbo, hehe. And a 3,5 inch Downpipe with that.
            It will al be alright again, but the headaches and walletaches are less pleasant.
            I will survive.

Thanks
            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
            High Octane website

Comment

Sorry to hear about this mate. Car must have taken you ages to build and has to be re-done due to someones lack of attention I'd be gutted. Keep us posted on events and good luck. Sounds like it was a monster.

Cheers,

Chris
              Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Thats really bad news jeffer, hope you get it sorted out ok. I was really looking forward to seeing this car.
                Good to hear your manifold etc worked well.
                Did cees get the same turbo also?

martin

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                  Thats really bad news jeffer, hope you get it sorted out ok. I was really looking forward to seeing this car.
                  Good to hear your manifold etc worked well.
                  Did cees get the same turbo also?

martin

Thanks martin,

Cees didn't bought a turbo yet. We were waiting on MRC's verdict on this turbo. Then we could always get a bigger one for cees
                  And it looks like we are both going to get a bigger turbo the this..........Pikes peak size

Cheers, thanks
                  RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                  Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                  High Octane website

Comment

I hope you get it fixed in a blink .{need any help with that socalled turbodude
                    you now my number}.
                    RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

Gutted for you mate that this has happened, sounds very impressive tho from those outputs... Mihnea working his magic again!

Good luck getting the situation resolved with the turbo manufacturers!
                      Hopefully wont be too long before your ripping up the tarmac again!!
                      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Jeffer, glad to hear that your homebrewed beast was well and truly flying!! But what a shame that the turbo let you down Hope it hasnt done any major damge to other bits of the engine. Did Mik give an indication on how powerful it felt, using his butt dyno??
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Oh Man! Gutted for you. All that work, to end up like that. At least you got a feel for how well your new toys worked together. I'm sure your tarmac terrorist will be in action again soon. No doubt with a few extras.
                          LOL @ Audiman. Mihnea and his butt dyno.
                          SS

Comment

My butt-dyno is off because of being in way too many different cars with different power/torque characteristics.
                            8 secs from 100 to 200 kph is really good, and 12 secs 1/4 mile with 125-ish end speed wasn't bad either

Cheers,

Mihnea
                            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                            info@MRCTuning.com
                            Workshop Directions

Comment

I am realy gutted, all this hard work...
                              So I was not so unlucky, my turbo only jamed stoped and did not fall to bitts.
                              sigpic_________
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X