Prelude VS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prelude VS S2

One of my mates has a friend with a black honda prelude, guy is called alex. Looks about 12 but he is about 22. Anyway he has this 2.2 Vtec with chip on it, supposed to be good for 160mph.

Came onto road last night and came up behind him, he moved across and put his foot down so did I and left him standing, was expecting more of a match.

Then a few seconds later I had slowed off and he came back for more steaming up on my back bumper I thought i'll leave it in 6th. he stayed there for a few seconds until the boost kicked properly and then disappeared quite rapidly.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

That bit always makes me laugh - when the person you left behind races up to you when you've already backed off. Yeah, like they think they're catching you! A likely lad in a Mercedes found that out midweek.

I dished out a bit of a hard time to a guy in a Subaru (it was blue...), last Saturday evening (thankfully the air had cooled down and The Kitty was happy) - when he caught up properly I could see a somewhat surprised and disappointed face, and a wife who didn't look all that impressed either!

__MDC__
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Superb!

A mate of mine has a Honda Integra (DC5, Import), he thinks it would p*ss all over the quattro. I dont think he would find it as easy as he thought , anyways I dont really drive mine like that.......well usually not!

Comment

friend of mine has a prelude with all the usual upgrades (chip, intake, car bypass, exhaust etc..).

No point even explaining the power difference, its a total different game.
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

differant planet

guy at work who has just started with is ,has an honda civic v-tech, crx ,, and is convinced he would p#=s all over my avant, , personally a think he needs help,,,
          but am sure one day we will meet , ha ha , waste of fuel but worth it , just to see this look

Comment

do a 0 - 100 contest with him for the log books, im sure he will change his mind then
            ABY Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

Damn Evo2 M3's Piss all over me all the time...
              It's getting annoying.

S2 Coupe fully built.
              10.9 1/4mile 0-100 in 3.5secs
              Precision 6262 turbo
              The Green Monster

Comment

I once kept in front of a bike on my way to work. We were both going pretty fast. Later that week I had to go and collect some stuff from a business just up the road and it turned out that my contact there was the guy on the bike. He told me he was very impressed with the speed of my car. He normally drove a 2.2 Prelude and told me that my S2 would piss all over it! That was the first time I had a compliment about my car and it felt soooooo good!
                ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by Faheemo
                  Damn Evo2 M3's Piss all over me all the time...
                  It's getting annoying.
                  Faheemo - I've seen your chips remember, and I wouldn't run them at all... You did get that PM didn't you ?

Paul
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

My best mate has one, power wise it’s all about rpms, I think the vtec kicks in around 5k so it’s kind of like, nothing, nothing, nothing, ahh there’s the power. Supposed to be 200bhp stock but really doesn’t feel like it as it’s a gutless wonder low down. Absolutely no contest whatsoever.

Jap imports have a little more power, type R and type S models are upto about 230bhp. Most are tiptronic, read "slushbox" so the extra power is lost anyway.

Mark.

P.S. 4 wheel steering is really bizarre, to me it always feels like the back end has just let go and calling for opposite lock. Quite unnerving when you’re used to Quattro infallibility.
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I took a m8 from work out for a spin in the warpig this afternoon. He currently owns an Integra Type R, but is soon to buy a Leon Cupra R, which he test drove last Friday.

After the spin, all he could say was "Bonkers!", and that if he ever saw me on the road he wouldn't even bother trying to race.

I just don't think people realise what a tweaked S2 is capable of!
                      acidtrax

Comment

Agreed,
                        A tweaked S2 is a wonderous thing. I seem to be constantly taking the **** out of everyone on the road. Could it be that NOBODY is really trying? Even the recent encounter with a DB9 proved that cars which can just keep up on the straights soon lose miserably round the corners.
                        I can't say enough.
                        Every so often, say pushing the S2 out of a bend, I still (after 3 years) catch myself saying "whoah" as the torque kicks in and the torsen diffs do their bit.
                        Awesome stuff
                        We are the lucky few.

Comment

01001111011011100110110001111001001000000110000100 10000001110100011110010111000001101001011100110111 01000010000001110111011011110111010101101100011001 00001000000111010101110011011001010010000001100010 01101001011011100110000101110010011110010010000000 11101100101001
                          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Chaps, it's not just the modded S2s that get to have fun! Us standard S2s can have plenty of fun too, especially with highly overrated cars like most Type Rs. I test drove an Accord Type R with 212bhp and sure, it was very quick over 5.5k but just as the power came in you had to change, much like a Mondeo STTdci or other high power 4 pot diesel. Large power in a very small package, almost got hit by a bus at a roundabout as I was used to the low-end torque of a tuned 2.0 8v Golf GTI at the time! Decided against an Accord, got the S2 instead and have never regretted it, even if the fuel economy is almost non-existent with my heavy right foot!

I found a perfect avatar the other day... "VTEC sucks". As an Engineer I can but be amased by the technology involved in producing a car that will rev to 8k+ every day, it is undeniably awesome but as a man that drives and S2... TORQUE is the key to success and yes, I too have found myself swearing like a trooper when the torque fully kicks in in 3rd or 4th, especially when I'm not driving it!
                            Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Are you a typist then?

This thread definatly makes an interesting read. I can beat Micras, polos and Lupos which is always fun

Feel the 8v power

Comment

Working...
                              X