I saw that ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw that ....

the motor is now a 2.5 liter ...but I think Mihnea can tell more ...
    God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
    It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

you have to admire the detail n this car, very very good work. I personally....! think the front end is not 'balanced' ie the lower grille is huge, and then the four ring badge is too small. But hey! who the hell am I to pass comment! that is a very nice car!! 9.5 / 10

Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I tuned that

Details about the car: basis is ADU motor, stroked to 2.5 liter (secret crank), carillo custom rods that can handle up to 1000 HP, Arias pistons with 7:1 compression ratio, modified block and oil squirters, fully ported and polished head, custom cams from CatCams (BIG cams, 12mm of lift on the intake side), sport quattro exhaust manifold, hybrid K27 (sport quattro hot side, truck K27 cold side, larger than life compressor inlet), MTM intake manifold, custom IC (hence the slightly "unbalanced" front bumper), big injectors courtesy of myself, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and that's about it. Oh yeah, front mount oil cooler and aux radiator deleted.

Car is now running 2 Bar peak boost, 1.9 up to 5500 RPM, 1.8 at 6000 and 1.55 at 7000 (it's barely broken in, it has only 4200 kms on the engine) but will soon get more, target HP is 500+, the next tuning stage will be 2.3 bar peak boost (thanks to my special 3.5 Bar MAP sensors and appropriate programming), 2 bar constant boost up to 6k RPM and 1.8 at 7k for longevity reasons. Rev limiter is now set to 7600 RPM and it still feels as there could be 1000 more RPMs but unfortunately, the hydraulic lifters won't survive at more than 7600 RPM so we've set the limit there and it won't go further.

There's loads more to be had from it, the engine is still running a bit rich between 3000 and 5000 (boost comes on hard at 3500 RPM in 2nd or 3rd gear, lower in the higher gears but we couldn't test it properly yesterday as we got some very heavy rain and keeping the car in a straight line at WOT in 3rd gear was hardly manageable), I guess right now it's making about 400 HP by the way it pulls, but we won't give up until it has reached the magical 500 mark

Cheers all and thanks to Phil for the pics!

Mihnea
      '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
      info@MRCTuning.com
      Workshop Directions

Comment

WOW!
        Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

of nothing Mik...

I saw the like guy with his Opel...( une opel a un anneau mais brise d un eclair ...) but you dont see me at Dijon ,you 're so occupied this day !!!
          Last edited by PhilS2R; 17 November 2003, 22:19.
          God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
          It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

WOW! Looks smart! A definite 9-9.9/10
            500 horses!
            A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

That is just too clean - awesome beast - I'll forgive the big hole in the bumper as it has a purpose.

Does it only have the standard radiator on the car? No auxillary? Is that good enough?

Mihnea - you should take pics of all the cars you tune and have a gallery of them - That would be a cool website
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Mmmmm thats nice

Those CAT cams sound interesting.

Mark.
                Mark - Modded

Comment

Stop it Mark.... Christmas round the corner, huge CC bills already.... the little ladies only take so much S2 'crap' mine blew her head gasket this weekend at me....
                  Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                  X