Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 'non audi' :)

Don't worry, I've still got the Audis

but finally bought a car I've fancied owning since I was in my 20's.

And at £550 it was a bit of a bargain!

MG ZT190 V6 :

It's not the fastest car in the world, but handles very well with surprisingly firm suspension and seats and with 325mm vented discs front & 280mm vented rear, it stops pretty good too!

My favourite part of the car has to be the 24v 90 degree V6. Sound amazing with an open cone. Even if it isn't super fast.

Only taken with my phone, so excuse the poor quality of photography.

I will have to get my DSLR camera out at some point and take some proper shots!

C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

Looks good and you can't go wrong at the price, I would think these will be starting to gain interest soon in the classic car field!?

Comment

I've always liked the look of them. Colour is ok to. Hope you have great fun driving it around the back roads. Kind regards Lynn

Comment

Watch out for the thermostat housing splitting, I remember coming across one and it had cooked the engine because of this....made of plastic funnily enough.

Comment

That’s an absolute steal at that price. Does it have any bad points other than not being as quick as you’d like?
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

One of my colleagues a few years ago had a 260+, that was a great car. Unfortunately for him he swapped a 1985 911 Turbo for it, that must be one of the worst financial decisions you could make in the classic car market!
            92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
            98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
            63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
            69 Austin Mini Cooper
            71 MGB GT
            75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
            04 Kawasaki GPX250
            96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Looks a good car, i like them.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                That’s an absolute steal at that price. Does it have any bad points other than not being as quick as you’d like?
                It could do with a 6th gear and the clock is a little hard to read as it's set deep into the dash and doesn't face you.. but other than that, i'm happy with it.

Its still fast enough to loose your license, but its a big car so I guess having only 190 horses doesn't make it exactly earth shattering like a 5 cyl turbo. But Its much better now though since I replaced the inlet manifold and had the VIS valve motors repaired.

These cars have a trick inlet manifold that contains mini throttle bodies inside each of the 6 inlet tracts and also has a balance flap in the main plenum that opens and closes to change the length of the main inlet airway which the air needs to travel though.

And is all adjusted depending on throttle position , engine load and rpm to maintain torque throughout the rev range. Apparently rover designed the system from copying the then current F1 engine technology at the time?.

Its like a different car since the inlet was fixed. Below 3k it sounds pretty pedestrian, But when you get to 3k rpm you can now hear the change in induction noise as all the valves open up and you get this lovely ROAR!!!!
                Last edited by MGaz; 16 April 2018, 11:38.

Schrick 272 cam
                C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
                ITG filter

Comment

http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=260

Bit of info there... looks like max power is at 6500 rpm. I have found you do need to work the revs to get the best out of it. Unusual for a V6

Schrick 272 cam
                  C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
                  ITG filter

Comment

Originally posted by MGaz View Post

It could do with a 6th gear and the clock is a little hard to read as it's set deep into the dash and doesn't face you.. but other than that, i'm happy with it.

Its still fast enough to loose your license, but its a big car so I guess having only 190 horses doesn't make it exactly earth shattering like a 5 cyl turbo. But Its much better now though since I replaced the inlet manifold and had the VIS valve motors repaired.

These cars have a trick inlet manifold that contains mini throttle bodies inside each of the 6 inlet tracts and also has a balance flap in the main plenum that opens and closes to change the length of the main inlet airway which the air needs to travel though.

And is all adjusted depending on throttle position , engine load and rpm to maintain torque throughout the rev range. Apparently rover designed the system from copying the then current F1 engine technology at the time?.

Its like a different car since the inlet was fixed. Below 3k it sounds pretty pedestrian, But when you get to 3k rpm you can now hear the change in induction noise as all the valves open up and you get this lovely ROAR!!!!
                    For its time thats quite advanced with the the mini throttle bodies. Induction roar is always welcome too
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

For its time that's quite advanced with the the mini throttle bodies. Induction roar is always welcome too
                      It's very clever.. Personally though, I do feel as if all of these sorts of things just over complicate cars these days and just give you more things to potentially go wrong . What was so wrong with keeping things simple?

Mind you,.. it does put a big grin on your face when the induction noise pretty much roars on cue !

Even with the standard air box it sounds good , but with this Honda S2000 OEM air filter, it sounds amazing (Even managed to get this funky blue one to match the colour of the car. Can't complain for just £10 either!)

30739157_10157364860889056_1409445908193476608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4192ea258bb0f1b5f49b7d9d974da84f&oe=5B5FB020.jpg

30723817_10157364860384056_8874785026458255360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=15a944d3dcbfdf52dc233f18ea1a9129&oe=5B6F6C1D.jpg

30728405_10157364860574056_7114359501846740992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=b3af8519ae005470367ac3ee3ffbc261&oe=5B570518.jpg
                      Last edited by MGaz; 23 April 2018, 12:28.

Schrick 272 cam
                      C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
                      ITG filter

Comment

Working...
                      X