Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Serious ****-Kicking....With Pleasure

The story goes like this:

I was coming up to a roundabout with plenty of time to enter, a car was coming round but I had enough time to get in front of it. I noticed it was an Avant, and as I entered and glanced over, I saw an S-badge on the grill. Feeling frisky, I screamed thru the roundabout at top speed. My daily driver is no sports car, but isn't a slow car by any means...it's a BMW 535i, with all the M-Tech goodies. Also, I know that particular roundabout very well, and this allowed be to exit in top form and accelerate as fast as possible.

I realized that when I saw the Audi charge thru the roundabout behind me that I wouldn't have a chance against an S-car, but I had absolutely no idea of the beating I was going to take. I hit and exited the roundabout as perfect as my car would allow, and was giving it everything I could, but that Avant screamed past me literally like I was sitting still, it was as serious an ****-kicking as I've every had.

I'm not embarassed or ashamed, in fact I'm extremely proud....I just got my **** kicked by an RS6
    Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
    Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

No shame in that!

He had almost double your horsepower after all!

Which brings me to my next question - how much power/money needed would we need to beat a standard RS6? Yep, they're fast, but they have the same weight disadvantage against an S2 as an S2 has against the earlier imprezas, mitsubishi evos... something around 300kg?

Hmmm... wonder if the wife can wait a couple of years longer for her kitchen...

PJ
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

those rs6's are simply gorgeous! See one every other day on the way to work in a metallic grey... I can keep up with it no problems but at 40mph on the M25 through roadworks with cameras every 1/2 mile that ain't saying much

Oh to have a spare £50K laying around...hmmm actuallt I'd be sourcing a mint UR and a Sport Quattro for that money

David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by MikQuattro
        ....I just got my **** kicked by an RS6
        Totally with you on that!

Had my backside handed to me by one last year - on the M1, he came up behind me (but not stereotype BMW driver close). Naturally I floored it to complete the overtaking and be able to let him past.

And pass he did. It was only as he was passing that the MTM badge on the back became visible.
        Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
          those rs6's are simply gorgeous! See one every other day on the way to work in a metallic grey... I can keep up with it no problems but at 40mph on the M25 through roadworks with cameras every 1/2 mile that ain't saying much

Oh to have a spare £50K laying around...hmmm actuallt I'd be sourcing a mint UR and a Sport Quattro for that money

David
          I must go past an audi dealer every day and to see them there....
          Thay must be some daily drives?!
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

@ Beetie, which, the 6, the UR or the sport? All would be awesome daily drivers lets face it...I guess you meant the RS6 tho
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

'just' the rs6, but have seen most things on the road. Must admit though that i never really see many s2's on the road.
              Doug, was up your way Thursday, was looking out for the smoke above Dunfermline (from your wallet) but it was raining! I take it your private road is 'near' the A92?!

Comment

Originally posted by Beetie
                your private road is 'near' the A92?!
                Yep - very close to the start of that road - probably 2 minute drive - the cops are on that road quite a bit although - I'll stop there
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                  Yep - very close to the start of that road - probably 2 minute drive - the cops are on that road quite a bit although - I'll stop there

Comment

Mik, good job it wasn't one of these!
                    http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...p?storyId=8292
                    That would have been even more convincing.

you know you want one

Can I have one please?

David

Comment

413lb ft from 1950 to 6k rpm. That'd do me

Where's that lottery ticket coupon again...?

PJ
                      'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                        Mik, good job it wasn't one of these!
                        http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...p?storyId=8292
                        That would have been even more convincing.

you know you want one

Can I have one please?

David
                        this car owns!!!
                        great to have it next to your s2 for the dog / kids / picking up girlfriends

nice colour and even better as the rs-4 from my ex-girlfriends dad

Comment

Originally posted by Floppy
                          this car owns!!!
                          great to have it next to your s2 for the dog / kids / picking up girlfriends

nice colour and even better as the rs-4 from my ex-girlfriends dad
                          Floppy, you don't want a dog near a car! look at this!

http://www.texastransams.com/project...0seta50_17.jpg
                          as it says on thr we page Dog chewed holes in the front bumper - dog not included.

Girlfriends do the same as well if you chain them to your car!

David
                          Attached Files

Comment

PHATNESS... the best bit about racing an RS6 tho is the noise.... make sure you have your window open when you race them cos they sound awesome!!!

I was in Windsor last week and saw 3 RS6 Avants in black all parked together outside a bar.... after i finished dribbling all down myself i carried on walking back to my office...

Love 'em and would seriously love to own an RS6 avant
                            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I just hate 'em!!!!

These whales plain suck, they're too heavy (a bit less than 2 Tons!!!), their V8s sound like american V8s (I prefer the V6 twin turbo sound if it's not a 5 cylinder 20v turbo) and their Tiptronic trannies only do what their ECUs like them to do.

Crap car, gimme an RS4 and lemme have 700 HP out of it!!!

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                              PHATNESS... the best bit about racing an RS6 tho is the noise.... make sure you have your window open when you race them cos they sound awesome!!!

I was in Windsor last week and saw 3 RS6 Avants in black all parked together outside a bar.... after i finished dribbling all down myself i carried on walking back to my office...

Love 'em and would seriously love to own an RS6 avant
                              '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                              info@MRCTuning.com
                              Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                              X