Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jens Eklund Audi S4 - someone know spec of this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jens Eklund Audi S4 - someone know spec of this car?

Hi.
    Do you have any informations about this car?
    Weight, mods etc?
    Why S4 chassis and not S2?
    Audi 90 quattro '88 4.2V8 on VEMS
    Audi S4 C4 Avant 2.2T '92 @ 2,5TDI

Originally posted by button View Post
    Hi.
    Do you have any informations about this car?
    Weight, mods etc?
    Why S4 chassis and not S2?
    You mean this one?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs8aufr2gg4

I've read big turbo, tubular exhaust manifold (header) and NOS.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Yes, this is it.

Anything else? Pistons, rods, crankshaft, camshafts...

Comment

Yes, this is it.
        Anything else? Pistons, rods, crankshaft, camshafts...
        Try checking zatzy.com. Many of the Swedish/Norwegian top dogs hang out there. Most of the discussion is in Swedish. For engine photos you could browse through the "Projekt" (=projects) section on zatzy's forum.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

S4 yes, does 9.2166s 255.44km/h @ 402m

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From eklundracing.se :
          BLOCK: 5 Cyl Audi 2,5 liter . Eagle H-profil stakar , JE kolvar , CNC frästa ramlageröverfall från Snårskogens Mek. , Barners 5 stegs torrsumps pump , Egentillverkat torrsumptråg.
          TOPP: Portad , 289/279 graders kammar ,rostfria ventiler , hårdare fjädrar. Insug och 48mm spjällhus av Snårskogens Mek.

BRÄNSLE: E85 , Autronic sm4 insprutning, 5x1600 cc spridare . 3 st Bosch 044 bränslepumpar.

TÄNDNING: MHW cdi

TURBO: Borg Warner S480

WASTEGATE: HKS kopia 60mm

INTERCOOLER: Egentillverkad

GRENRÖR: Egentillverkat av 48 x 2.6 mm sömlösa rör

TRANSMISSION: Svänghjul tillverkat av Snårskogens mekaniska , 3-skivig sinterkoppling , Modifierad 5 vxl låda , Special drivaxlar runt om.

HJULUPPHÅNGNING: Justerbara dämpare & fjädrar runt om , Stumma bussningar

BROMMSAR: Standard bak , Bytt till Audi 100 fram för att rymma 15" fälgar , Bromsskärm för att kompensera.

KAROSS: Egenbyggd bur besiktad för 7,50, SPARCO stolar , fyrpunktsbälten, lättad

DÄCK: Mickey Thompson 10,5x26-15 runt om

ÖVRIGT: Minimalt bestyckat Nos foggersystem

Comment

S4turbo, maybe you can translate this spec to english? I do not know Swedish.

Comment

S4turbo, maybe you can translate this spec to english? I do not know Swedish.
              www.eklundracing.se gives some nice pictures.

He uses the 100/C4 Audi 5 pot diesel (AAR)

@Button: What to translate? most of it is quite obvious.

Eagle H-profile conrods
              JE pistons
              CNC milled bearinggirdle bij Snarskogen
              Barner 5 point scavengepump
              Own build sumppan
              Ported head
              .../... degree camshafts
              Stainless valves
              Hardened valvesprings
              Inlet with 48mm throttlebodies by Snarkskogen
              sm4 ECU
              1600 Injectors
              044 fuelpumps
              Own design intercooler
              Exhaust manifold with 48 x 2.6 tubing
              Flywheel from Snarskogen
              3-plate clutch
              Modified 5 speed S4 gearbox (code VRS? or something)
              Special driveshafts
              Adjustable dampers & springs. Solid bushings
              Audi 100 brakes adjusted for 15" wheels
              MT dragradials
              Upgraded with Nos system

Comment

Some remarks, the head flow about the same as 034motorsport ? , 2x044 fuel pumps, nos is small shot, for lag, the gearbox, has a long ratio it reaches, over 250kmh in fourth gear , i have emailed to Snarskogen about prices, i can send it to you if you want . After all the reading bottom lines, is that he does not uses ultra expensive stuff, like titanium conrods and so on, but still gets over 1000hp HOW? 034motorsport, with higher budgets did not get over 800 American Horses?

Comment

[QUOTE=vcosmin;347448]Some remarks, the head flow about the same as 034motorsport ? , 2x044 fuel pumps, nos is small shot, for lag, the gearbox, has a long ratio it reaches, over 250kmh in fourth gear , i have emailed to Snarskogen about prices, i can send it to you if you want . After all the reading bottom lines, is that he does not uses ultra expensive stuff, like titanium conrods and so on, but still gets over 1000hp HOW? 034motorsport, with higher budgets did not get over 800 American Horses?[/QUOTE]

OT: There are several more with much higher dyno outputs than 034.... Here are some of them:

Ã…hlman: 965hp (at wheels) (Also from Sweden)

Kai Bakken: 1033hp (From Norway)

Jonus: 1065hp in the Green 90Q and 1255hp in the S2. (1255 with Nos and 1008 without)

I dont know Ã…hlmans budget but I think Kai Bakkens are quite high. Jonus is in the same budget range as Eklund, no fancy titanium parts or similar.
                  "Ring addicted"
                  8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

Originally posted by vcosmin View Post
                    Some remarks, the head flow about the same as 034motorsport ? , 2x044 fuel pumps, nos is small shot, for lag, the gearbox, has a long ratio it reaches, over 250kmh in fourth gear , i have emailed to Snarskogen about prices, i can send it to you if you want . After all the reading bottom lines, is that he does not uses ultra expensive stuff, like titanium conrods and so on, but still gets over 1000hp HOW? 034motorsport, with higher budgets did not get over 800 American Horses?
                    Because there is a difference in tuning methods, US cars in general seem to focus on high revving stuff.

I've found a lot of them haters for anything that doesn't rev to 8-9k and they hate stroker conversions.

The big power I5 in Europe are generally ( I say generally ) 2.5 Strokers.

Comment

Forgot Zatzy is an amazing site, the do have an english section http://www.zatzy.com/zatzy-com-international-section/

Comment

zatzy.com is great, but english section is low in informationa a better alternative is the translated google version
                        http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=sv&tl=en

not 100% accurate, but i last i can understand 50%

Comment

Cheers never know google could translate swedish, bookmarked!

Comment

when you combine the methods, you get 1k hp with 2.2l w/o nos, like paavola did. Without titanium rods or liquid gold as fuel.

What we need to remember is that dyno figures are not fully comparable between each other, when not done on same dyno.
                            Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

Maybe anyone know what is the weight of Jens Audi? Yesterday I close looked to his S4 and it looks great. Car is finished even in the smallest detail. Engine, interior, body - everything is magnific.
                              Some photos of Jens Audi:

Comment

Working...
                              X