Audi ("Ahem" Lamborgini) S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi ("Ahem" Lamborgini) S3

Was at Mak2503's place today talkin Audi S2's and stuff, and he mentioned this car to me. Sent me the link later on, so I've just got to put it up here.

Don't really know what to make of it Nice car to start with, but has the man got a fetish for gullwing doors or what? how much would that set you back? Is it worth it?
    Questions I found myself asking when I saw it And what the hell is going on with Donald Duck's head stuck on top of the gearstick????
    Anyway I'll let you judge for yourselves

and the eBay link Audi Gullwing S3
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Definitely a case of "gilding the lilly" I reckon!

I don't think anybody can top this Studebaker ("Frankenstude") for the most novel approach to door opening - sort of suicide, pop out and roll backwards -

__MDC__
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

what a waste of an S3.......hate it! the steering wheel and the gearstisk - yikes!

DC
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Not a waste of an S3, cause HE likes it!

Siena

Comment

I agree with the steering wheel and gearstick. Looks very out of place in the S3. exhausts arent bad though, little bit like the new M3
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I like the doors and exhausts, but nothing else

Siena

Comment

@ siena...thats true, each to their own
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Doors are very trick, but not my cup of tea, exhausts look good, apart from that awful alloy RoverZR type trim above them, steering wheel is ugly, gear knob??? WTF, red mist descends!!! Opps I've just lopped a finger off
                Lexus style rear clusters are awful, but those screens in the back of the headrests look very nice..
                Yep, as David says "each to their own"
                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Isn't that S3 for sale? Carlys brother is looking for an S3 and he told me he'd seen one with gullwing doors going for £30,000 or so

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

HAHAHAHA, he probably doesnt technically own the car, the owner is plastered across the back--www.stormloans.co.uk I would have rather spent the gull wing conversion cash on a nice engine upgrade. I wonder how long he will be payin that one back for
                    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
                      Isn't that S3 for sale? Carlys brother is looking for an S3 and he told me he'd seen one with gullwing doors going for £30,000 or so

Ben
                      Yeah it is for sale Ben, the eBay link is under the last pic
                      going for a £20k starting bid, but god knows what the reserve price is??, one things for sure, I won't be wanting to find out
                      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Hmmmmm..........ebay link says 320 bhp but only lists a chip by MTM and a sports exhaust, is this a feasible figure?
                        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

BTW they're not really gullwing doors are they? Gullwing openings hinge in the roof and open perpendicular to the car centreline. Doors like those are kind of referred to as butterfly opening (now I'm just nitpicking?!!) but even that's not really true, as butterfly style tend to part hinge on the leading edge of the roof (near the upper corner of the screen) and part hinge towards the lower corner of the screen (or somewhere nearby), so that the doors hinge up and come back inwards when they go over-centre. It's the best way for a sports car's door as it's less prone to being sucked open and ripped off...

__MDC__
                          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Audi in new knight rider shocker!!! all he's missing is the flashing led bonnet lights

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                              Audi in new knight rider shocker!!! all he's missing is the flashing led bonnet lights
                              lol
                              Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                              S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X