303BHP Emerald Green S2 on PISTONHEADS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303BHP Emerald Green S2 on PISTONHEADS

Does this belong to anyone from S2 forums? Its been on pistonheads a hell of a long time, and as a consequence i assumed it must be a known lemon......

Any info about this motor, im window shopping
    sigpic

I dont think Alltypecars have a very good reputation on here, although he does have a lot of s2's!
    Id be tempted to go for a cheaper more standard well maintained car, then you can modify it how you like.

Find out also which characteristics you want in your s2 as that will determine whether an ABY or 3B would suit you better. Obviously ABY has 6 speed, better headlights and coilpacks which lend themselves better to higher HP, and respond well to chipping. The 5 speed box feels better to shift and is lighter, no DM flywheel and some can be decatted due to their age.

I have an ABY engine in my Coupe but many 3B characteristics i like.

Just a thought.
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

ive actually been to look at this.

body work, wheels and interior is beautiful, couldnt expect better. front discs were relatively worn. was taken for a drive in it, and power steering didnt sound happy. came back and the engine bay had alot of power steering fluid in it. probably just a leaky pipe. not sure if this is fixed so make sure it is if you look.

i didnt go for it as i really wanted an aby
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

mtm s2

Originally posted by willg54 View Post
        ive actually been to look at this.

body work, wheels and interior is beautiful, couldnt expect better. front discs were relatively worn. was taken for a drive in it, and power steering didnt sound happy. came back and the engine bay had alot of power steering fluid in it. probably just a leaky pipe. not sure if this is fixed so make sure it is if you look.

i didnt go for it as i really wanted an aby
        your rite will the fluid leak was from the pipe that has been sorted it realy is in mint cond in/out thats the only thing that needs replacing the front disks are showing signes of wear & they are larger than standard

Comment

ABY engine with 3B flywheel does well Later 6 speeds are nice and strong but extra gear is superfluous with a torquey small turbo.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
          X