• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 200 20 V info

hi there,

i m interested in one of those as it s oldtimer in 4 months

is it the same engine as the S2 ?

and what to look for when cheking the car, any particular defaults or weekness on this model ?

thanks for info
    S2 's and oldtimers

and is there any kit available to turn it into a Trans-Am look ?
    S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

More or less the same as 3b engine in the early s2. front wheel drive suffered from torque steer, and this can damage the steering rack, which was the only problem I had with my 1985 model until it dropped a cam belt at 90000mls. Manuel 5 speed better than auto. With leather and all the extras they are a fantastic car way ahead of there time. A real executive express, but you need the Quattro, not the 2wd.
      20v Quattro Avant's are very rare now, so I wish you luck in finding the right one.

Comment

Couple of links that may be of interest to you
        http://www.quattro123.com/Audi_200_20v_1991page.htm
        http://web.archive.org/web/200712241...ler/index.html
        Austin
        1992 urs4 1991 200 20v avant 1990 90q 20v

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
          you need the Quattro, not the 2wd.
          20v Quattro Avant's are very rare now, so I wish you luck in finding the right one.
          A 220V is always a quattro and I didn't read anything about Gery wanting an avant.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
            A 220V is always a quattro and I didn't read anything about Gery wanting an avant.
            I didn't know about the 20v only coming in Quattro. It appears all models after 85/86
            where Quattro. Mine was an 85 200 turbo with front wheel drive, and was lethal in the wet, which May be why Audi made that decision.
            As for the Avant/wagon. 1616 where made, and as far as I know not many left, but they most certainly do exist, and very smart they are to.

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
              I didn't know about the 20v only coming in Quattro. It appears all models after 85/86
              where Quattro. Mine was an 85 200 turbo with front wheel drive, and was lethal in the wet, which May be why Audi made that decision.
              As for the Avant/wagon. 1616 where made, and as far as I know not many left, but they most certainly do exist, and very smart they are to.
              is it right that 20V engines model appeared only from 1989 ?

as i m looking for an oldtimer, that should be as older as possible, but seems there s no 20 v engines in the year 1988

great car that 200 20v Avant, but they did all went to russia apparently in the last years....only 2 for sale on mobile.de for the all of germany !

surrely a collector item soon !
              S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

I can sell you one of mine 200 20v

Comment

Working...
                X