AC Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Cobra

Friend of mine is building an AC Cobra replica with a kit from Dax. Went down to the company's shop to pick up the shell on Saturday. While we were there we had an opportunity to be taken out in the demonstrator car by the gentleman who does their testing and demonstrating. I can definitely say that thing was very fast. 8ltr V8, 500bhp, awesome noise. Wish I had the harness a bit tighter. Couldn't reach the end of the footwell so everytime he hit the brakes, the only thing stopping me sliding off the leather seat was the harness. Not sure I'll be the first in the car with John when he's built his. Bloke said they're a real handful and take some getting used to.

Alistair

I have always fancied one. Although some replicas can be dogs, some are superb looking.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Once drove a gt40 replica from CAV. That's one of the cars that's in my "dream garage".
      What a great car, excellent roadholding and power. It was a ford powered 351ci with 400/500 hp'ish. To bad I drove it in the states.... Rather drive it on the back roads of my hometown.
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

Theres tons on ebay, these two are my favourite

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...525548406&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...526409228&rd=1

Comment

I saw this car on the motorway some months back.
          Unlike the advert states, trust me, you really can tell the difference from the real thing. The fact that it looks about 2 feet narrower is hard to miss.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair E
            Friend of mine is building an AC Cobra replica with a kit from Dax. Went down to the company's shop to pick up the shell on Saturday. While we were there we had an opportunity to be taken out in the demonstrator car by the gentleman who does their testing and demonstrating. I can definitely say that thing was very fast. 8ltr V8, 500bhp, awesome noise. Wish I had the harness a bit tighter. Couldn't reach the end of the footwell so everytime he hit the brakes, the only thing stopping me sliding off the leather seat was the harness. Not sure I'll be the first in the car with John when he's built his. Bloke said they're a real handful and take some getting used to.

Alistair
            http://www.roadster.se/Sida1-25.pdf TRY THIS SIDE THE PRICES ARE IN SWEDISH KRONES....... OR ONLY www.roadster.se

Comment

Ive driven a Dax with a 2.1 pinto engine withj twin over head cams. That was fast! God knows what the V8 would be like!

One of my mates has just built a Robin Hood from a sierra with the same 2.1 pinto engine, will be fun to try it out. Oh and where I get my car serviced they have just built a replica cobra and that is a dog! That is basically a Sierra with two seats and curves, awful thing.

The GT40 is in my dream car list too, theres very few other cars I would like to drive as badly as this one, my dad managed to talk his way into one of the old mirage racing Gt40's when it was parked outside bridgestone tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair E

Alistair
                I got a run in DAX's 454ci engined beast a lot of years back. Absolutely awesome thing. I was just in the passenger seat. It was a very quick car - extremely well driven. I'd love to build one someday - other priorites in life of course, but I've promised myself this little project - based on a modular alloy twin cam 281ci Mustang Cobra plant circa 1998 (like my yellow beast of old) and the lovely ZF gearbox. Ahhh nothing 15 grand won't sort ....

Friggin Brussels will probably ban kitcars out of existence before I build mine !

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                X