282,000 Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 282,000 Miles

I see a new member, PaulurS4's profile says his car has done 282,000 miles:eek2: I recently saw a urS4 that had 250,000 on the clock and sounded sweet as a nut!

Paul, welcome to the forum. Do you know what has been changed to get to this mileage. What original bits have lasted all this time?

Leigh
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Paul is one of my best mates and we have looked the the service history which is pretty comprehensive, and belive it or not there is no evedence of any engine work! :confused: I personally found this hard to belive at first but maybe, just maybe it has'nt had any work? This also sounds very sweet apart from the rattling cats above 3000rpm! But hey its been arround the world over 10 times!! or to the moon and on its way back! (which i can belive cos it is a bit of a space ship! )
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

some example : Record
      with the same motor !!!
      God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
      It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

286000 miles and still sweet! Iam tryin to sell him my turbo for a spare! but he wont have it cos his is still ok!
        Keep tryin Glen keep tryin!
        Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

That certainly is some going! We got a customer with a Passat Tdi 130 Tiptronic estate (V reg) Taxi that does airport runs..... we see him every 5-6 weeks for a 10k service!! Car has now done 330,000 miles!!! Did have new engine at 120k under warranty. Dealer fault!!
          286k on a 5cyl turbo !!
          A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

my urs4 has done 225000 and is getting chiped soon!!!!!!
            then we really will see how good the 20v turbo PETROL engine is
            r one other thing there is NO evidence of any engine work in the audi service 1 owner history either! and it gets canned EVERY SINGLE DAY!
            tempting fate?????
            who cares?
            my moto is if it brales UPGRADE IT:wacked:

Comment

A friend of mine has had a 1998 Volvo 760 from new ( I know it's not an Audi ) which has done 1.3 million miles. He had a new head at 650,000 miles. A Volvo Mechanic told him that it was in good condition for 300,00 miles. Pat then pointed out to him that it had gone round the clock. He has the full service history for the car.

He also has an S320 Merc which he doesn't like as the fan has to be on for the heating/AC at all times.

Comment

'This brooms been passed down for many generations'

'It's only head three new nadles and four new heads'

Comment

I thought that it was the blacksmith's hammer.

3 heads and 5 new handles.

Comment

My 3B that I took out of a '91 200TQ has 235k on it and never apart. Still ran strong with no oil usage.
                    Dave K.
                    USA
                    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
                    2001 S4

Comment

lol, It probally was... You get the point though

There's no disputing they're nice solid engines though.

Comment

Then again I have a 1950 Morris Minor which has done 42K, I have only had to fit new wings, doors, inner and outer sills, engine bay floors, front chassis legs, rear chassis legs, patched the inner and outer wings.

It's still original....

It's worth it though 27.5 BHP from the Morris Side valve engine will stop me getting a speeding ticket. It doesn't have a 0-60 time as it only does 58Mph. That's until I fir the supercharger lurking in the garage.

I've also got a 1949 morris Minor which has done 15k,
                        a 1963 minor which has done 24K,

and something called a 1990 Coupe Quattro which has done 23K

Comment

Yeah these motors are seemingly overengineered,but we arent complaining,my 3b is on 190,000,so i guess mine has just run in
                          Rob W
                          04 Audi S4 Avant
                          55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
                          92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
                          1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

As an indication of how well these engines are made, my 3b motor has just been stripped and measured for wear, after 125,000miles. The bores had no ovaling and 1 thou of wear is all that could be measured on the bores!
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Just measured mine, .008" wear on bore with 235k

Dave K.
                              USA
                              1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
                              2001 S4

Comment

Working...
                              X