Golf GTI MKIV 180 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf GTI MKIV 180 HP

A friend of mine just bought a MKIV Golf GTI DBW 180 HP. The car is very, but very slow in top end, i heard something that that the Throtle closes at high speeds is that true or what is the problem, we dynoed the car at a Dynojet and guess what in 4th and 5th gear that is a big power loss. the car has 3000 KM no mechanical problem.

Anyone could help ???
    S2 Limo sold !!!
    M5 E34 with some mods in the garage
    sorry, but much happeir now !

could be the diverter valve,or the intake hose(know problem i can colapse in 4 and 5)buy a samco intake hose and a new divertervalve,and it should be fine.
    Regards
    RIX

Comment

the car has just got out from the dealer... Brand new it has 2300 Km on it
      S2 Limo sold !!!

Comment

yes but these are commen problems,also when new.the intake hose has these problems,they are too thin so they can colaps.

Regards Rix

Comment

Sounds likely. You could take the air filter out temporarily to see if it solves the problem. A K&N cone filter is a good fix. BTDT. The stock filter is too restrictive and causes a vacuum in the intake pipe.
          SS

Comment

You are not getting my point ... The car has less Whp than the 150 in 4th and 5th gear. The car is in perfect shape. The only doubt is if the throtle body realy start to shut in high speeds ... or something like that...
            S2 Limo sold !!!

Comment

yes iám,and when you have these symptons ,the problem is most likely to be those 2.

Comment

Working...
              X