1.9 TDi with 550PS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.9 TDi with 550PS!

My German is non existant, but this is something else.

1.9 TDi with 550PS
    ex '93 Avant owner

Where did you read the car has a 1.9 TDi engine?

It looks our beloved 2.23L engine... only with some small ( :eek2: ) tuning on it !!

Marco

Comment

Its the badge on the back!
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Oh yeah, the badge...

That's a nice way to fool followers and than ripping theyr bodywork off theyr car when they try to takeover .

I'll put a 1.8i budge on mine, then

(just kidding, I'm too proud of my S2. I'll never take off S2 badge)

Marco

Comment

My S2 has had a 1.9Tdi babge on the back for the last 18 months. The S2 badges get nicked by people wanting to stick them on A2s and Golf MK1s for some reason. Thieves invariably used a screwdriver to remove the badges quickly. When I took my badges off there was evidence that at least one set was stolen from previous owners of my car due to the damage to the paint. The badge attracts less attention to the vehicle by potential joy-riders (I guess until I fitted 18" wheels, big exhaust and monster brakes!). I park my car in London quite often, so considered fitting the badges to attract less attention and hence aggravation.

You should see the reaction I get from BMW 330d owners and Merc Compressor drivers who get totally embarrased on the highway. Makes me chuckle to myself!! The BMW 540i owner who couldn't overtake my '1.9Tdi' was quite funny also was the A6 1.9Tdi owner who stopped alongide and asked me when I got my 'diesel' tuned cos he wanted some too (we entered a roundabout together and when he exited I had pulled well over 200 metres on him...without really trying!)

Lee

PS I didn't buy my S2 for other people. I bought it for myself, for it's performance and tuning potential. I don't feel the need to have AUdi S2 Turbo Superchagerchrged NOS Injection blah blah blah badges on the trunk lid!! Keeping it more of a 'Q car' is far more appealing to me!! An S2 badge on an Audi A2 makes me piss myself laughing (Castle Coombe recently)! I love that element of surprise on the road.
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

I've gotta agree with you completely Lee. I love the Q car aspect of the S2.

I took the badge off the front grill 'cause I didn't want people to know what was coming up behind them. I've left it on the back so that they know what just left them for dead. The badge, the exhaust and the wheels are so much more obvious from the rear and leaves them in no doubt about what the car is.

Its the surprise element when you pull out and pass them that just makes me giggle every time. Boy racers must hate my guts. I taunt them at every opportunity. Their Saxos and Cav SRis are just no match at all!

And this is in an estate car!
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I have to admit taunting boy racers has become one of my new hobbies. There's a never ending supply of (supposedly) highly tuned performance hot hatches round where I live (including a completely standard toyota yaris with a big bore you could drive into and a nova with a complete range of tat stuck all over it, right down to the performance sticker list down the doors - according to his stickers hes got SPAX/Koni/Eibach suspension).

They hate it when they try to overtake my old estate car and get left miles behind. I even had one lad pull up next to me and go off his head about how much of a ****er I was for overtaking his 106Xsi 'in that piece of ****'.

I've been considering removing my S2 badges completely but like sid I like them to know what destroyed them.

Ben
              the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
              1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
              X