Tentative: 1994 ABY Coupe - White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tentative: 1994 ABY Coupe - White

Chaps, the time has come for me to think about selling the S2 . I’ve owned her for just over a year and have enjoyed every minute of it. My reason for selling is that I’m looking at buying a house and so need to cut down to one car rather than my current two. Much though I’d love to run the S2 as a daily I just do too many miles and so it’s not practical.

Pictures

Car & Interior:
    She’s a 1994 ‘M’ ABY coupe in white with black leather & carbon interior and 138k on the clock, which I believe is genuine. Full service history up until I owned her at 126k and then every bill and receipt for the work I’ve done since. The car has air conditioning fitted but it is inoperative due to a burst pipe. The pipe is £90+vat from Audi but I have had more important things to spend money on than such luxuries! I have fitted speakers in the front doors but would look to replace the door cards with standard ones unless persuaded otherwise. I also have a TIM boost gauge fitted .

Engine:
    The engine is completely standard apart from blue Samco hoses, the intercooler mod and replacement vacuum lines throughout. Before replacing the vacuum hoses she pulled 240bhp @ 6000rpm and 280ftlbs @ 3000rpm on the rollers at Interpro at the beginning of the year and so is quite healthy, although this was performed in 5th gear . She boosts cleanly and strongly in every gear.

Chassis:
    I had Koni adjustables and new green top mounts fitted around December/January and replaced both front track rod ends and lower ball joints two months ago. The car is running standard Avus alloys with eagle F1 225/50R16’s all round with the two fronts being brand new two weeks ago. At the same time as having the tyres fitted, I also had the tracking and camber checked and adjusted. This was done at Protyre in Bristol ,who I have used for years and believe to do a decent job. The brakes are standard and have Zimmerman cross drilled discs that were fitted by the previous owner and I fitted new Pagid pads at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately the Auto-check does come on for hydraulic pressure but this is not consistent.
    I have spent large amounts of time and money getting the car to the mechanical condition it is in now.

Bodywork:
    There are a few points to note as she is a 11 year old car. There are 2 small spots of rust on either front wheel arch at the front where the arch meets the bumper. On the drivers side, this is due to the front bumper mount and so the bumper does not fit correctly on this side. The car has had some paint before I owned it and as a result the passenger side front and rear wing are a slightly different colour to the rest of the car (I assume white is difficult to match?). One of the front headlight washers has popped out after I got them working again and there are the usual stone chips to the front of the bonnet.

Assorted others:
    I replaced the clutch master cylinder with a genuine VAG one last year so the clutch is smooth.

Price:
    The car cost me nearly £6500 in July of last year and I have spent nearly £1500 on the car in the year since and have upgraded some of the weak areas of the S2. I have invested a large amount of my time and effort and now have the S2 just as I want her. If she was perfect I would have paid around £8k for her a year ago and would ask similar again. However, as for the reasons detailed above she is not perfect but I still believe that it is worth the £6500 that I paid originally. I am open to sensible offers though.

Location & viewing:
    The car is located just north of Bristol with easy access from both the M4 and M5 motorways.
    Pictures can be taken and sent upon request (please detail any specific areas).
    I can be contacted via the forum or emailled at ARDCasey@BTOpenworld.com.
    Last edited by Rusty; 5 September 2005, 20:03. Reason: It's definately for sale now!
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Shame... Good luck getting what you are asking for. ( I mean that in the nicest possibe way! )

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

mmm. looks nice but over my budget
      94 s2 avant
      aoc member 1116

Comment

I love alpine white. If it were in the states, you could have sold it yesterday, and at a higher price.

Greg
        They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Import her and convert to LHD... It'll make fitting a clutch master cylinder much easier (and that's from experience!).

Cheers for the words of encouragement chaps. It was a difficult decision to sell and I will miss the old girl like crazy but now I've made the decision and I'm planning my 'sensible' daily driver... mk.2 Golf GTi 2.0 16v or E30 BMW 318is/325is... as I said, sensible but where do you go from an S2?!

I'm going to come up with an ad for her to put on piston heads etc. Can't be bothered to 'bay it as they just don't make the money. Anyone any experience of success through Autotrader?

Please feel free to offer any words of wisdom or advice for selling an S2. Not an experienced I'm looking forward to!
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

The car is definately for sale. I've convinced myself it's the best thing to do.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
            X