modified 10v, not an s2 but close!!...ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modified 10v, not an s2 but close!!...ish

im selling my 2.2 10v coupe quattro soon as im looking for something a little more economical its a series 3 in black with a modified engine, it has a p&p head, enlarged valves, a fairly aggressive cam, performance exhaust and a drilled airbox ect. its also lowered on boge turbo gas struts and pi springs with 17" tsw alloys, inside it has s2 dials and an alpine headunit with uprated speakers. estimated power is around 200 maybe more?!?! correct me if im wrong
    it will have 12 months mot and can tax at extra cost, nost past mot's but unfortunatly no history.
    looking around £2000
    cheers
    anthony
    91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
    KW V2s and other goodies
    now gone
    03' BMW 330CI - Sold
    08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
    57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

The most I've ever had out of tuning (mechanical) atmospheric 2,226cc engines is 170 PS. That's with a Schrick cam, ported and polished head, big valve head, free flow exhaust, performance air filter, larger throttle body, increased fuel pressure and Porsche 928 S4 fuel metering head. Similar power to atmo 2,309cc 20V, but more low down torque.

To get 200 horses out of a KV engine, you'll need to increase the capacity, do the above and more. Still, your car sounds nice, what are you looking to buy next?
    Never show a fool a half built house.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
    The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

all that will surely add more than 25 bhp?!?!? the gti engineering conversion( 2.5, mild cams,p&p,valves) gave it over 250 bhp!!! and thats rolling road!! anyway im not rly sure to be honest what to get nxt, wanting something newer and cheeper to run, possably a seat leon or something like that, very boring lol
      cheers
      ant
      KW V2s and other goodies
      now gone
      03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ~Delta
        The most I've ever had out of tuning (mechanical) atmospheric 2,226cc engines is 170 PS. That's with a Schrick cam, ported and polished head, big valve head, free flow exhaust, performance air filter, larger throttle body, increased fuel pressure and Porsche 928 S4 fuel metering head. Similar power to atmo 2,309cc 20V, but more low down torque.

To get 200 horses out of a KV engine, you'll need to increase the capacity, do the above and more. Still, your car sounds nice, what are you looking to buy next?
        I had a 90quatt with almost this exact spec and i got 172bhp but a 50shot of nitrous helped it break the 200bhp mark
        Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
        0-60 4.9
        1/4mile 13.5

Comment

oh well lol not as quick as id hoped, was thinking of taking it to santa pod to get a time but never got round to it. got a few friends with modded cars and was hoping to beat them but not too convinced now hehe. were the power figures you got from the wheels or flywheel btw.
          let me know if you would like to take a look at the car neone, its in loughborough
          cheers
          anthony
          KW V2s and other goodies
          now gone
          03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

My power figures were from the flywheel.

Comment

Totally agree - My Old GT had most of the above except the 928 metering head and RR'd at 160bhp - mind the GT5S gearbox gave it a 146mph top whack, which was used to great effect in Germany several times (the Ur's it was with ran out at about the same - whilst a normal GT/CQ was history) - And it was officially timed on the Millbrook bowl at 146.2mph for a rolling lap. Brake fade was another issue from those speeds - even mildly uprated the peddle died at about 60mph on the way down
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Ah, Ian's heavily modded Coupe GT (type 81) was one of my all time favourites, it certainly inspired me to build my type 85 Coupe q 20V turbo.

Those were the days...

Comment

dont know about top speed cos it went off the end of the speedo but 0-60 was 6.9 and 1/4 mile was 15.1 with the gas on and 0-60 was 8 and 16.26 without gas
                  Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
                  0-60 4.9
                  1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Working...
                  X