US-Spec Coupe rear lamps eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US-Spec Coupe rear lamps eBay

Here are a few pics of my coupe with the OEM red lamps for US cars. These are the best pics I have on the net but gives you an idea.

no affiliation.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-Coupe-S2-Qua...QcmdZViewItem:
    Attached Files
    Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

ebay link doesnt work
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Coupe-S2-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Can you get away with using these in the Uk guys? Mate of mine asked me and I initially said no, but seem to recall Doug trying to get these to flash orange. Have searched but can't find the post. Did he manage it?
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

From where I am sitting, they look too wide and need a narrow "US" Style number plate surround....

IIRC Doug did not fully succeed in getting the red lights to flash orange. It depends on how close to orange you want to get "officer"!.

Cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
            From where I am sitting, they look too wide and need a narrow "US" Style number plate surround....

IIRC Doug did not fully succeed in getting the red lights to flash orange. It depends on how close to orange you want to get "officer"!.

Cheers,

Steve
            Steve, what are you looking with? my mum was a teacher and had eyes in the back of her head but that's different.....

If you look at the lights the revers light is in the same place on the lamps. I think the cut out in the shell would not allow the lights to connect any closer together.

I wondewr if 50 watt indicator bulbs would help?

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
              Steve, what are you looking with? my mum was a teacher and had eyes in the back of her head but that's different.....

If you look at the lights the revers light is in the same place on the lamps. I think the cut out in the shell would not allow the lights to connect any closer together.

I wondewr if 50 watt indicator bulbs would help?

David
              This bit! (refer to attachment you now have to open! :mischeif: )

Any questions?

Cheers,

Steve
              Attached Files
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

The US coupe outer clusters are exactly the same length and shape as ours, just the US uses a different middle section for their smaller style of number plate.
                There's actually been four different versions of the clusters if you include the US ones.
                [edit] Five if you include the treser tinted ones, but they aren't OEM.
                Last edited by Jas11n; 14 January 2006, 13:17.
                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Is one of the reverse-lights all white?? and the rest of the cluster red? or does the image on ebay trick me?

Vegard

Comment

They've both got white reverse/fog light and everything else red.

Isn't this the same for Euro lamps? I assumed the only difference between euro and us were the corners and ofcourse the license plate holder.
                    Cheers mis amigos,
                    _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                      This bit! (refer to attachment you now have to open! :mischeif: )

Any questions?

Cheers,

Steve
                      The picture shows the normal width lights but the centre section has another light ( or reflecter) which makes it look like the rear lights are wider. Have another look at the e-bay photo and note where the tailgate lock is.

I'll accept your apologies in the form of a pint at the garage meet....

then I'll have to buy you one......

then....

etc.

David

Comment

Thought I'd post this for the archives.
                        I'm just quoting directly from a post of mine on Audifans.
                        (Nuvo will remember this post )
                        Original pictures are courtesy of S2power site.

I've done a little digging and come up with pictures of the 4 (four) different versions. I'll start with the earliest and work forwards.

One thing I must add, is that I'm not sure what years Audi decided to change them!!!!!!

1/ First version of the rear light units fitted to the coupe.
                        This light has the solid orange indicator and solid white reverse light.

2/ Second version of the rear light unit.
                        This light has red horizontal stripes through the orange indicator
                        and a solid white reverse light.

3/ Third version of the rear light unit.
                        This light has the red stripes through the orange indicator and also through the white reverse light.

4/ This is the American version of the rear light.
                        This version is virtually red through out. They look good, but will be illegal in the UK, because the indicators have no orange reflective material inside and will flash red!!! If you manage to find a set in the UK, and decided to use them, then I think you may just get a little tug on the collar from the boys in blue..

Now I have seen one other set for definate, of smoked rear lights and also heard, but not seen, of another set.
                        The ones I've seen sometimes come up on eBay, and were made by a company called Tresser. These look good, but have one bad point in that they have Tresser written on the back in white
                        The only difference is as Stick dude and myself say above, that the centre section is different in the US versions.

US centre = 895 945 552 A
                        UK and European centre = 895 945 552.

Now if anyone knows how to make the US version flash a bright and pure orange, let me know.

HTH's
                        Jas
                        Last edited by Jas11n; 15 January 2006, 03:17.
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Ignore, double post due to server hic-up

Deleted double post.
                          Last edited by Jas11n; 15 January 2006, 11:39. Reason: Double post due to sever "thinga-ma-bob" grrrrrr
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n
                            (Nuvo will remember this post )
                            I vaguely remember it I'll need to have a another look. Which reminds me Jas, a PM is on it way to you.

Nuvo.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stick Insect]The picture shows the normal width lights but the centre section has another light ( or reflecter) which makes it look like the rear lights are wider. Have another look at the e-bay photo and note where the tailgate lock is.

I'll accept your apologies in the form of a pint at the garage meet....

then I'll have to buy you one......

then....

etc.

******! Its not often that I'm right, and I'm wrong again.....

A pint it is then !

Cheers,

Steve
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X