This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to see if i get any interest...... Selling my S2

I think its time the S2 goes, ive had it 3yrs now but i have more pressing money issues i want to sort out.

Im going to look at a TD Golf later (only a mk3, so its cheap as chips) and want to see if there is any interest in my car.

Its a 1993 ABY Coupe with Aircon (Working!), Full black leather, 171k miles and still runs sweet as the day it was built!
    Ive spent loads on the car in the time ive had it and have done most of the big things that need doing, receipts including the following...

Clutch
    Clutch Master Cylinder
    Clutch Slave Cylinder
    H&R Springs
    Bilstein Shocks
    QRS Top Mounts
    Whiteline Rear Anti Rollbar
    MRC Remap
    De-Cat
    Porsche Big Reds with 323mm Discs and Brand new pads
    19" RS6 alloys, not a single mark on them and 4 good tyres
    Powerflex wishbone bushes all round
    Clifford Concept 600 alarm with window roll up, headlight activation and proximity sensors
    MarkH intercooler mod
    Just replaced the cambelt, waterpump and related bits
    HiD Kit fitted
    Fumoto Drain Valve
    Aero Wipers

Car currently has 4 months tax and will sell with 12 months MOT, i have 2 box files full of receipts dating back to the original purchase receipt. The car has had no expense spared, a friend works for a dealer so all parts fitted were always genuine with receipts to prove.

Ive got other parts that i'll most likely sell separately including....

6speed S4 gearbox, the same as Jeffers is running, hard to find and much better for the S2 with stronger 1st and 2nd gears

Bosch motorsport fuel pump
    Uprated 3B clutch and coverplate (intended to use with single mass flywheel)

Cant think of more at the moment, but if i do think of more i'll add it to the list.

Im not sure what kind of money to ask for, but hope to get in the region of £5500 at least.
    The only bad points that I can think of at the moment i'll be putting right before its sold, these are...

Rear diff mount needs replacing and will be replaced with either OEM or Powerflex, im undecided at the moment.
    The mirrors will be repainted as it looks like they have been done before but not very well as they are badly stonechipped but the rest of the car isnt.
    Attached Files
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Also wood trim has been covered in genuine black Alcantara and i think it looks a million times better for it.

Also 5 new complete coilpacks.
    Also recent new spark plugs and i usually change the oil around the 6k miles mark as well using Quantam Synta Silver - Semi Synthetic 10-40
    Last edited by S2 Ant; 11 March 2006, 15:40.
    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Do you have any other pics?

Comment

There are a few others floating around on the forum, but i actually dont have more at the moment, i will be taking more tho to put here.

If there is anything particular you would like to see then let me know as i'll take some good high-res pics so wont be able to attach here and will need to host elsewhere
        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

why can't it be over 15 years old... then I could of shipped it with me!!!....

Comment

actual my wife has a 150 hp GT TDi for sale with loads of kit on it, if your interested!!...altough it is a mark 4.....

Comment

ways and means around every problem LOL!!!
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Do people think that price to be reasonable? Too high? Too low perhaps?
                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

for what you've spent, it seems a bit low!!....

Comment

Hmmm, obviously i dnt expect to get back whats been put in, but the cars are now at that age where most will need these kind of things doing so having done them was thinking (read hoping) i might get a bit more for it.

We'll see, once that rear mount is replaced i'll put it up properly with proper photo's more detailed spec with images of the piles of receipts etc. Whatever happens it will be sad to see it go
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I know that feeling....

Comment

IMHO the price seems about right to someone that understands the time, money and effort that has been put in to getting the car to that specification.

High mileage S2s seems to cause people who are unaware of the robustness of these cars major issues. There's a coupe on Ebay about 10 miles from me that went for over £7k when I couldn't get bids anywhere near my reserve of £5.5k, the only real difference being that it's got 86k and I've got 140k. Oh well.

Good luck with the sale.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Linky
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

ANT YOU HAVE PM ????

Tina.

Comment

Thanks Tina, have replied

Also to add, the car has had new Front Anti rollbar drop links as well (metal ones)
                              also braided brake hoses on the front and the rear discs and pads are less than 12 months old also.

I really need to stop thinking about what work ive done cos the more i think, the more i come up with and the sums of money spent is quite scary!
                              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                              X