X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 Rear calliper upgrade porsche 996-352-422/421

Hello All
    No longer required by me.
    Bambridge calliper mounting brackets x2, Porsche 996-352-422 & 421 calipers, 300mm rear disc (new just surface rust). This is a straight forward bolt up to the rear of your s2 coupe.
    Brake pads are also like new. Was all just test fitted by me and a few miles done round the block.
    Much better braking over standard, stops the car nose diving if you have Porsche callipers fitted up-front.
    I have some 'other' rear calipers that need a mounting bracket made for so you can use the oem hand brake cable which I will included if you want them.
    £SOLD delivered mainland UK.
    You will just need new bolts to mount it all.
    PM me if you want them.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by simon20vq; 21 December 2017, 12:50.

£400 delivered mainland UK! (calipers 250-300, brackets 150, disc 80 =530! Bargain!!)

Comment

So do they work with ori handbrakes cable or not ?

Comment

The bigger calipers I will include will work with original cables. You would need to make a bracket so you could mount it.

Comment

I'm maybe being thick but do I understand that if you buy and mount those 996 calipers in the pics , you won't have an operating handbrake? Is there an easy fix? Why use the 'other' calipers if you buy the Porsche reds??!!

Comment

I'm maybe being thick but do I understand that if you buy and mount those 996 calipers in the pics , you won't have an operating handbrake? THATS RIGHT
            Is there an easy fix? YES
            Why use the 'other' calipers if you buy the Porsche reds??!! Porsche reds don't have a hand brake feature built in, The rs2/bmw/vw t5 all use brake shoes inside the 'bell' of the disc then the caliper over the disc.

Line lock to the rear calipers is the easiest solution (but not legal on a road car) So you need a handbrake solution thus needing the other calipers. Alternatively you just fit your oem calipers at mot time.
            Below is a picture of the Honda nsx rear brake setup hope that helps
            Image result for honda nsx brakes

Comment

Ah I see - thanks for that .

Comment

Comment

REASONABLE OFFERS?
                  CAN SHIP OVERSEAS BUT WOULD BE HEAVY AND THUS COST I'M GUESSING!

Comment

£SOLD delivered UK that's got to be a bargain. Only selling as no longer of use to me.
                    Last edited by simon20vq; 21 December 2017, 12:50.

Comment

Someone may consider stepping forward to make these handbrake brackets, not just for Simon on this occasion, but also for all the existing RS2 owners with a rubbish 'y handbrake.

I know I'd like a set of brackets, ( and a pointer to a good handbrake caliper ) as I also have a set of these RS2 rear calipers 'wasting' on the shelf.

My understanding is that it is difficult / a pain to keep the oem RS2 handbrake in good working order, compared to say a fresh oem caliper on an S2 ?

Just a thought.

Back on topic.

Sorry for the temporary hijack Simon.

Comment

Easy to make something macspring. RS2 set-up completely different to this.
                        I owned an RS2 years ago and as long as you adjust it every 6 months it works fine but it must be adjusted at the shoes not on the cable.
                        Cheers

Comment

Thanks for all the interest now sold to colesy.

Comment

Working...
                          X