Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue S2 On Autotrader

Morning all,
    I have just spoken to the guy selling the Kingfisher S2 on Autotrader - Its been damage repaired (front wing/headlight) and registered as a class C.
    Does anyone recognise this car or have any advice on buying (or not) this car. Its up for 5k , what would be a fair price assuming its an ok repair?
    many thanks
    Bob

Just noticed this myself linky

£5k is a fair wedge for a category C, no matter what the mileage. It's also got wood trim and no AC. Nice looking leather though. Think it's been lowered too but that could be the photos playing tricks.

There are a few beauties around that have been owned by Forum members for that are available for that price. Don't be put off by mileage, a decent service history from people that know what's what is much more important IMHO.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19891
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Andys right.
        £5k is very very steep for a Cat C car. Unless it has a great spec nad lots of RS2 bits. If it doesnt, you will be able to get a nice clean non cat C car for that money if you hold out a bit. good luck

Comment

Any S2 worth buing should really have a folder of receipts that is BIG and proves that the cost of ownership is "reasurringly expensive".
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
            Any S2 worth buing should really have a folder of receipts that is BIG and proves that the cost of ownership is "reasurringly expensive".
            Thanks for the advice guys.
            There didn't appear to be much documentation to hand other than a service history.
            I think you're right, I'll just wait for a pukka one.
            So if you know of any Cricket Green or Kingfisher Coop S2's with black leather.......
            cheers

Comment

Is it just me or has it had a replacement dash also? No walnut trim and its got the quattro badge insert there?
              Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
              Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulgo View Post
                Is it just me or has it had a replacement dash also? No walnut trim and its got the quattro badge insert there?
                I noticed this too..
                ABY Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by King Puck View Post
                  Thanks for the advice guys.
                  There didn't appear to be much documentation to hand other than a service history.
                  I think you're right, I'll just wait for a pukka one.
                  So if you know of any Cricket Green or Kingfisher Coop S2's with black leather.......
                  cheers
                  It's a brave man that limits his colour choices to Cricket Green or Kingfisher blue! Rather rare! If you've got that much patience then you're a better man than I! (I love Kingfisher blue though!)

I just accepted that mine was white and that, if I wanted one in a different colour, then I might have to wait months or travel a lot further than 20 miles to buy one and it might not be either as honest or as highly spec'd. Mine had a folder of receipts that proved the service history and covered some of the paint that it had received over the years and why. The suspension was knackered (which I knew from driving it) and it was leaking boost like a sieve (which I learned after a few months of moaning on the forum!) but a bit of hard work and a fair wedge later and it's now air-tight and has virtually new suspension bushes with some Koni adjustables to keep everything in check and is running 250bhp+ on a standard map!

I got mine from All Audi in bristol and paid fair money for what I got. They get them in every now and again and know their S2s well. (Alex and Paul have both had I5 turbo cars). That was over 2 years ago when a mint ABY was fetching £8k, I paid £6.3k. There was an ABY coupe Kingfisher blue with 54k on it that was for sale when I was looking, I think it was up for £8.5k. Fontain had one in at £11,5k last year IIRC!

Got used to it now and have been informed by those in the know that an alpine white ABY coupe is a rare beast indeed!

Good luck, pukka ones come up on the forum (Steve's for example) and they are realistically priced for the love, care and attention that they have received. Should save a packet in the long term too if all the major bits have been take care of.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

That blue one looks rubbish IMO. It is not even remotely clean! How do people expect to sell cars that look as tatty as that...

If I were you I would wait for one to come up on the forum, or take your time finding a good one privately...

Cheers,

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by King Puck View Post
                      Morning all,
                      I have just spoken to the guy selling the Kingfisher S2 on Autotrader - Its been damage repaired (front wing/headlight) and registered as a class C.
                      Does anyone recognise this car or have any advice on buying (or not) this car. Its up for 5k , what would be a fair price assuming its an ok repair?
                      many thanks
                      Bob
                      One of my friends in the motor trade assures me that Cat C cars in particular are either for experts or idiots.... and I trust his judgement.
                      As for values, many would argue that even a stolen recoverd Cat D with no damage is worth 30 to 40% less than a non recorded similar vehicle, whilst Cat C is definitely over 50% less.
                      Bottom line is that it is very expensive for an insurance recorded car.

Comment

So I take it thats a 'no' then!
                        re: the colour, thats what I'd set my heart on, but I expect that will change when I get bored waiting.
                        And there's always the option of 20 cans of Halfords spray paint and some masking tape. I did a good job on my push bike....

Comment

Hi mate ill take 3.5k for mine if your quick? I need the money for an S4?
                          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Shouldn't this car also have the "airbag 3 spoke steering wheel"? M-Reg??

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                            Just noticed this myself linky

£5k is a fair wedge for a category C, no matter what the mileage. It's also got wood trim and no AC. Nice looking leather though. Think it's been lowered too but that could be the photos playing tricks.

There are a few beauties around that have been owned by Forum members for that are available for that price. Don't be put off by mileage, a decent service history from people that know what's what is much more important IMHO.
                            Missing her lots!

Comment

Working...
                            X