RS2 Bilstein B6 pair of front dampers NEW OLD STOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Bilstein B6 pair of front dampers NEW OLD STOCK

Pair of un-used old stock B6 dampers for sale. £125 for the pair plus postage. (collection also no problem from Leicester)

I got these from Ebay last year to build up into a set of refurbished 55mm diameter S2 front struts, I test fitted them only and found the B6 gland nut wasn't able to clamp down on the top of the shock due to the top of the shock body being around 4-5mm short. I had to get another set so they will never be used in my car and are back up for sale.

The seller was someone who used to work for SMS motorsport in the 1990's and those old enough to drive Audi's in the 90's will remember this company sold factory approved upgrades for Audi cars very much in the way Mountune do for Fords. These dampers were liberated from stock when the business and owner / workforce relationships started to break down. I also got a set of G60 twin piston calipers which had done 150miles on the company demonstrator driving from London to SMS headquarters for its brake upgrade and their condition is in keeping with the claimed mileage.

Please see photos and do your own research to be sure these will fit your car before buying, I don't want anyone else to find themselves in the same mess i did!

One of the part numbers on the dampers seem to be based on Audi numbers which supports their provenance being from SMS.

part number on body = RS2 513 033. The last two groups of numbers are from the ETKA suspension group.
    part number on damper tube = 198 78 54624. Not a current Bilstein part number.

When I found they didn't fit I tried to identify them by phoning Bilstein UK and sent them photos. They did not recognise the numbers and the only thing they could tell me was the numbering system changed since these were made and that the build era would have been early 1990's as the markings say 'made in West Germany' which unified in 1990 and became just Germany.

Bilstein catalog gives a current item number = PE3 3086 (34-030868) and are around £140 each at the moment.

The only thing I can think of is that the RS2 front strut is ever so slightly shorter than the S2 strut or, I am missing a spacer that sits in the bottom of the strut. Spacers do not appear in any component diagrams but one of these could be turned up fairly easily by someone with a lathe to make them fit S2 struts as at the moment, they don't seem to.

The box in the pics are from the replacements i bought and will be used to send the items out. Part numbers on the box do not apply!

That is everything i can tell you about these. If you would like any measurements please get in touch.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

UK postage would be around £7 but you don't seem to get a final price until it is booked and size input. Parcel is 90x21x21cm and weighs 6kg. Will post overseas but recent experience of this tells me it will be quite expensive

Comment

Hello again Steve
      Can you remove the nuts from shocks to make some pictures? Thank you!

Comment

is this what you want to see? If you look closely, you can see the nylock nut has never been tightened down.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Bargain I paid £300 for mine

Comment

Thanks everyone for the interest, provisionally sold.

Comment

You said that when these didn’t fit you had to get another set.
              What did you get that did fit?
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Working...
              X