S2 coupe 102k with rear damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 coupe 102k with rear damage

As I just mentioned in another thread i'm forced to sell the S2 coupe i just bought a couple of weeks ago because my missus blew a bit of a gasket. Our first baby is due any day now and she reckons i'll not spend enough time with the baby if i'm fixing the car... or i'll have the car in bits on the drive for months if i'm giving the baby time (and she won't have the steptoe and son look). So.. it's for the sake of an easy life that I have to part with it. I bought it on ebay for £1800 and i'm offering it on S2Forum for the same if you can promise me you don't intend to break it. If you buy it and break it i'll train my kid as a ninja and send him/her to hunt you down.

It has taken me since Monday to make the decision to sell it on. the rest of this week was spent trying to work out where i'd get the cash for a bodyshop to do their magic so it wouldn't be on my drive. the answer was the baby's account but again this didn't go down too well at home.

So here's the details. I'll have left stuff out so ask as many questions as you can think of.
    1991 S2 coupe. Tornado Red i think it is. 102,000 miles on the clock. mechanically it's fantastic. engine runs really well, no nasty noises, handling is perfect. timing belt and tensioners were changed 3500 miles ago. new front shocks recently and I have receipts there for some bits and bobs over the last year. Car was declared a write off so it will be cat C or D. Sleepy taxi driver hit previous owner's dad at traffic lights. I'm waiting on docs coming from the DVLA with the V5. I have previous V5s to show that the car was owned by the previous guy, his dad and uncle for the last ten years. He's chasing the insurance company to send him the service history back because they wanted it to assess the car's value when it was bumped. When this appears it will be passed along.

so... It needs a rear panel and rear passenger wing. Ebay seller audibits gave me a price of £150 for both and a couple of other places were near the mark too. You'd probably find something similar in your area if you want to save on postage. The boot floor is slightly kinked at the back but could be flattened easily enough. I fully intended to take the time and do the work myself but a pro could do the job much quicker obviously. Previous owner got a replacement bumper and lights for the back so it's road legal. Plastic number plate surround is missing but no biggie to replace.

Ah - nearly forgot. the back box was damaged in the bump so the guy put on a straight through in the mean time. Sounds like darth vader fighting a bunch of rottweilers in a skip. It actually makes me tingle in my special places.

Only other things I can think of are a crack about 4 inches long on the front bumper and the headlights, which I thought might be a bit dim, seem to be the right shape but the wrong ones. I've seen a few posts here mentioning changing of lights so I don't know what the issue is. they're as bright as my old 91 Audi 80 but not as bright as my 93 coupe. All the functions work but they seem not to be the original units. Oh yes.. the backlights on the dash aren't working. I was intending to pull out the fuses and check this to start with but i get home when it's dark and my weekend was spent shopping for baby related items so I haven't even touched it yet.

Everything else seems to work fine on the car. full electrics, heated seats etc.

I'm at work just now but i'll get some detailed pictures online tomorrow morning. I'm in King's Park in Glasgow so feel free to give me a shout and come round to see it. If you're further afield I can pick you up at central station or glasgow airport.

I'll add anything extra as I think of it. As I say i'm totally gutted. Best hundred miles I've ever driven when I brought it home. Best driving i've done since then taking it round to show my mates.

cheers
    Nj
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

I knew i'd forget essential info. It's MOTd to 27th June 07 and Taxed until end March 07.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

and the service history I have receipts for.....
      All except the tyres and brake discs is VAG dealer servicing:

28/02/05 front shock absorbers £276.79
      22/03/05 Wheel Br (bearing?) £50.23
      09/04/05 retainer, ring, nut, bolt £32.14
      29/04/05 oil cooler, nut, washers £56.66
      12/05/05 V belts 13.34
      23/07/05 lead £36.40
      01/08/05 front brake discs £75.81
      03/08/05 bearing, bulb holders £87.80
      01/09/05 2 pirelli tyres £170
      08/11/05 grilles £58.27
      19/05/06 ignition lock £35.50