S2 needing some TLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 needing some TLC

My S2 has sat outside my house for a few months now and I have not had time to take a good look at her.
    She is not running right at the moment so this will need to be looked at. She does not start. When you turn the key it just doesn't want to catch. I had a mate over the other day and when we put VAGcom on the ECU it could not be detected so this could be the fault.

I have decided to sell her in need of some work.

She is 1993 S2 Coupe in Indigo Blue. 149,000 miles on the clock and has been well looked after. Totally standard with only a K&N and black diamonds discs that are not standard. It has a few battle scars on the paintwork.

A quick list of what the car has on it.

The car is an ABY version
    6 speed
    Black quattro seats
    Carbon trim
    Air Con (this might need looking at)
    Cruise Control
    Standard five spoke chrome looking wheels

I have spent a lot of money on the car with receipts to prove.

I am willing to sell it to the first person who can come up with £2700. I have placed this amount as I am unsure what the car needs to get it fixed so someone can have themselves a bargain. If you are thinking of breaking it I would rather keep it until I get round to fixing it.

Please bear in mind that the car is not a bucket and has been cherished since the day I bought it.

Any questions please let me know and I will be happy to answer them. If you PM me with your email address I can send you some details and also loads of pictures of the car. I may even be interested in a part exchange if you have anything interesting from the VAG stable such as a MK2 Golf.
    Attached Files

Another Picture
    Attached Files

Comment

sorry to here your selling the coupe mate

at the moment i'm in no postion to buy
      anything (jobless)
      but good luck with the sale
      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
      2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
      3. H & R SPRINGS
      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
      5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
      6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
      7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
      8. fmic fitted

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have been there before (jobless) I think the biggest piece of advice I can give is to not ever give up hope of finding something. I don't know what sort of work you are in but I even took agency work and I applied for a job within the company I was doing the agency work for. I have now been with the Youth Offending Service for 4 years and love the job. Good luck for the future.

But look at the bright side at least you can look on the forum all day.

Comment

Originally posted by mak2503 View Post
          Thanks for that.

I have been there before (jobless) I think the biggest piece of advice I can give is to not ever give up hope of finding something. I don't know what sort of work you are in but I even took agency work and I applied for a job within the company I was doing the agency work for. I have now been with the Youth Offending Service for 4 years and love the job. Good luck for the future.

But look at the bright side at least you can look on the forum all day.
          i'm a sparky so should be out of work long
          as for using the forum allday
          not when the dragons in
          she has jobs for me to do around the house
          the list is like war and peace
          1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
          3. H & R SPRINGS
          4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
          8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by topsparky View Post

anything (jobless)

Sparky me old mate, im not too far from Portsmouth and i hear theres always work down at the docks doing favours for sailors only joking mate keep a smile on your face and a spring in your step and chin up (thats what the sailors look for apparently) How about stereo fitting and auto electrics in the intrim to get a few notes in?
            S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
              Sparky me old mate, im not too far from Portsmouth and i hear theres always work down at the docks doing favours for sailors only joking mate keep a smile on your face and a spring in your step and chin up (thats what the sailors look for apparently) How about stereo fitting and auto electrics in the intrim to get a few notes in?
              thanks for that
              i wonder how much it will cost
              to get to portsmouth
              1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
              3. H & R SPRINGS
              4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
              8. fmic fitted

Comment

Could be the Hall Sensor mate. I had the same problem with my old Coupe except it would start form dead cold.

With Vag-Com if your mate has version 4 he probably doesn't have the label files for the ECU that s2central created for the S2. These can be downloaded on www.s2central.net

Worth a try before you sell so cheap.

Comment

thanks for that
                  i wonder how much it will cost
                  to get to portsmouth
                  About £80 in juice mate, but you could earn that back in an evening Seriously if your certified and edition (cant remember) you will be back on another contract in the next couple of weeks im sure. Anything in the pipeline?
                  S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Jamo any idea where the Hall Sensor is on the car.

Is it possible to clean it to see if that will do the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
                      About £80 in juice mate, but you could earn that back in an evening Seriously if your certified and edition (cant remember) you will be back on another contract in the next couple of weeks im sure. Anything in the pipeline?
                      might have a job coming up in norway

will have to take the car though
                      iwonder how long it take on the ferry
                      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                      3. H & R SPRINGS
                      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                      8. fmic fitted

Comment

A faulty rpm or crank angle sender will also cause a non-starter.

If it's the crank sensor, it will bump start...
                        Never show a fool a half built house.
                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
                        The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

anything (jobless)
                          there seems to be a lot of it about!!!....

I'm out of work and 4,500 miles away from home...
                          but like the others have said....something will come along!!....

good luck....
                          Mike

Comment

It was me who tried to vag-com it, and my vag-com (full version) has all is bits thank you very much
                            It just "would" not connect to the ECU, nothing, nadder, nill, zilch.
                            Thought at first it must either be my cable or lappy, so hooked to Mak's RS2, logged in fine, then mine, again fine.
                            Back to the poorly S2, nothing.
                            IIRC vag-com said something like "no responce from controller".
                            ECU fuses were fine.

How can we test the hall sender? it's not a flippin five minute job taking it off

Jas..
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                              It was me who tried to vag-com it, and my vag-com (full version) has all is bits thank you very much
                              It just "would" not connect to the ECU, nothing, nadder, nill, zilch.
                              Thought at first it must either be my cable or lappy, so hooked to Mak's RS2, logged in fine, then mine, again fine.
                              Back to the poorly S2, nothing.
                              IIRC vag-com said something like "no responce from controller".
                              ECU fuses were fine.

How can we test the hall sender? it's not a flippin five minute job taking it off

Jas..
                              Ooops How was I too know it was a season Vag-Com user? ( At least it didn't blow your cable this time )

Suppose the ultimate test is swop ECU's between cars and see if it starts?

Comment

Working...
                              X