Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avant exhaust for free to anyone who wants one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant exhaust for free to anyone who wants one?

As it says on the tin...

I've got a complete cat back ABY Avant system that came off my car sitting in Uxbridge. It's totally ok not blowing at all. Probably good for another ??? miles.

If anyone needs an exhuast it's yours. The only catch is you have to collect it from the garage near Uxbridge, Middlesex.

It a whole one piece system ie the rear box, centre box and Y link pipes all in one piece so its VERY long!! it *may* fit inside an Avant maybe....

If anyone wants / needs one, it's yours. The garage will throw it away in a week or two if no one wants it. If anyone is interested mail me Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Martyn

I presume that you managed to get the cheap Milltek SS Exhausts you mentioned previously. I seem to remember you mentioned you may have a spare one or two. I might be interested if you have.

Alistair

Comment

Good point. Martyn, I've been meaning to ring and ask how your new exhaust sounds and what difference it makes to your car.

If the sound is not too intrusive then I may consider getting one for mine.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Alistair,

Yes we did get them, only three in the end and we've used them all now :-( sorry...

I would have no trouble in giving this the big thumbs up.

Sounds? well, remember the original URQ sound? the noise only a five can make? I'll say no more! Power? well, yes, probably more, but hard to tell really. No drop off in torque that I can tell. On over run it spits and crackles a little bit, wish it was more!

The sound is a deep rumble, not intrusive at all, and just about right I'd say. I ran her up to a big TT meet in Peterborough last Sunday. Drove 70 miles up the A1 / A14 at 70 mph all the way, (forward facing digital speed cameras every few miles!) with all the windows down (AC not working yet) and not once did I think jeez that drones...

What I wasn't expecting was better fuel consumption, it's now about 2-3 mpg better on fuel. The highest I've ever seen was 28mpg, she showed an average mpg of 31.7 on Sunday!

Its much lighter than stock, fitted perfectly to all exhaust hanging points and the tail pipes come out the back aligned just right. No adjustment or fidling was needed. Bolt on and go. Made from aircraft grade SS T304 I think? and everthing is TIG welded.

So i give this the big thumbs up.

The tails are twin slash cut, I think the system is 3" although didnt measure it. Here's the pipes, a bit dirty from the rain yesterday though:
        Last edited by Martynf; 18 July 2003, 12:48.
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
        X