Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothelle Ported 3B Cylinder Head Complete With Stock Cams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothelle Ported 3B Cylinder Head Complete With Stock Cams.

I was keeping this in case the head on my RS2 cracked, however it would require modification to fit and more importantly have the wrong engine number on it. When RS2's were slightly less valuable than they are now having the wrong number or machining the 3B number off to restamp the ADU one wasn't really a conceren. However I now feel it would make more sense to repair the orginal RS2 head should it crack as opposed to adapt a 3B cylinder head and there be no questions regarding orginality. My MTM head is also ported as part of that conversion another reason why I'd much rather stick with it.

This head has no cracks and was rebuilt with new guides, stem seals, lifters and cam chain by Brian Rickets in 1993 who also did a very nice job of porting it to Nothelle specs as he did the conversion with parts supplied by Nothelle, it's even signed and dated by him just above the engine number. It's covered a little over 100K miles since. Very clean inside as I used decent oil and changed it often.

It's still fitted with the original 3B cams, it's literally just like it's been removed from my car so is ready to go again, though a new set of stem seals would be a good idea. I will supply and fit these for the buyer free of charge if they pay the asking price.

Also comes with the cam cover that has an AN 12 fitting at the front for an extra oil breather.

It's well buired in my workshop but I'll get it out for pic's over the weekend.

£2K or serious offers.

I really would stongly preffer collection due to weight and value. However I am prepaired to work something out for overseas buyers or people who live miles away with very little time.
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 28 October 2023, 17:22.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

This is a really hard item to price as stock heads are getting thin on the ground now, the last head I sold was a bare 7A one for £500.

I willl find time to add pic's however the porting is very tidy and must have taken a long time, my 3B was exceptionally quick even when running TS tunning chips and I put that down to the porting.

However I think my intial price was somewhat optimistic, so now £1.5K fitted with new stem seals and all 20 valve relapped in while I'm at it, plus a skim.

Or reasonable offers for it as it stands, the car didn't use any oil however the valve stem seals are now 30 years old so I think replacing them would be a very good idea.

I'll also include a copy of the invoice for the work.

Comment

If your interested in this head please ask for photos and I'll email them to you, I've dug it out and it's just as it was six years ago when I broke the car, it's been wrapped up in a rag and is very clean inside... I don't know what stage the porting is but given it still runs stock valves I'd describe it as stage 1+. Brian seems to done have most the work on the inlet ports as they're larger and much tider than stock, he's also done quite a bit on the exhaust ports.

I still have the cracked Nothelle exhaust manifold which I'm now confident enough at welding to repair, I'll include this (repaired) free of charge if the buyer is interested.

I'm happy to listen to offers for it as it stands as it's now in the way on my workbench. However I will still offer to change the stem seals, lap the valves (all 20) and skim it which will take me a day as long as the buyer covers the cost of the seals..

I'll include an invoice for the work as well as copy of the orginal paper work, the engine work alone cost £8K in 1993, that's serious money now back then you could purchased a house for that... All be it in a ****** area.

Comment

Not had any interest in this at all which given a decent S2 head is worth a minimum of £500 (more like a grand these days) is very surprising.

£1.3K or very near offer for it as it stands which is a bargain IMO!!! I know I could get that on eBay just can't be arsed with the time wasters.

This will also fit ABY/AAN/ADU's just needs a cam position sensor fitting for the trigger wheel on the camshaft if running stock Moronic, aftermarket ECU's don't all need this as some are happy with just a crank signal. Not a big deal.

Am also still happy to full overhaul and skim it ready for it new owner, that however is £200 extra as it's a good days work.

Also will ship it, after looking up costs ParcelForce offer an insured large/heavy item service, will include this in the the price also!

Will try and add photo's soon.

Though collection still preffered.

Comment

Sold/swapped for nice things to the Forums most helpful man. It couldn't have found a better home.

Comment

Working...
          X