3B Engine on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B Engine on eBay

There is what I think is a complete 3B engine for sale on eBay at the moment if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&category=9835

I have no link to the seller whatsoever. I just thought someone here might be interested.
    ex '93 Avant owner

Hi Sid,
    The vendor says it is an RR engine. Not knowledgeable on this sort of thing but I thought that it was the 20V quattro Coupe engine. Square boxy wheel arch job.

The ECU is there in the photos, turbo and some cabling.

The pallet may be free with it!

David

Comment

Maybe one for Beetie
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

yep, RR was the engine code from the 20v UR Quattro - you know the stuff 5 pot dreams are made of

I almost sold my S2 the other day to fund the URQ habbit, saw a lovely tornado red 1989 MB (10valve) version - childhood dream!.

Alas i didn't - i'm not sure i could sell the s2 - rather have both on the drive instead!!!!!!!

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

RR and 3B's are the same, RR has slightly different breather system and DV and WGFV are in different place, similar to aby's actually
          same ecu,block head etc.etc
          have one in our 100 avant,

Comment

So this will have the same block and head as an ABY? It could be a straight swap?

Probably needs newer internal bearings to bring it upto ABY strength?
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

BEETIE won't like to see this thread!!!! He is in contact with the bloke already!!! So if anyone interested........... Now now ladies no claws!!!
              A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                So this will have the same block and head as an ABY? It could be a straight swap?
                Unfortunately it doesn't have the fittings for the hall-sensor.
                Red cars are the fastest ones...
                - Team Irry -

Comment

Was in talk but found out it was the earlier coupe turbo engine.... Will more than likely be more expensive than a 3b or aby engine
                  Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Depends much if the buyers know what they're buying. 3B or ABY transplant to 10v urquattro is not harder in any way than RR but...

The engines are really the same except AAN/ABY/ADU ignition. Small differences in breather hoses etc but the base engine is the same.
                    I've built my 3B into an AAN block without any problems.

Before you say, yes I know that ADU has different conrods. AFAIK they're same as in many 10v engines.
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X