Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 hybrid turbo

Hi y'all,

Ok, this is for an RS2 hybrid turbo, it has a smaller than the RS2 hot side (50mm exducer vs. 54 on the RS2), thus makes boost earlier, but can't make as much HP as a standard RS2 though... The cold side is a plain K24-7200 RS2 compressor.

It has been professionally rebuilt and is in an "as new" shape. It comes originally from MTM and it's the turbo they use on the 330 HP tuning stage for the RS2, IMHO it could do around 340-345 HP because it has a motorsport 360-degree thrust bearing.

Asking price is 1000 Euros, which includes the professional rebuild (cost me €360+VAT a few weeks ago).

This needs a new home real soon as my upcoming project needs money :-)

A good deal including a remap is also possible by the way!

Cheers all,

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Mihnea,

The Kitten needs uprating since her recent "detuning" (which wasn't too bad, so the original tuning was probably knackered anyway). Would this unit be suitable on my 3B with relevant bits fitted? I am guessing an RS2 EM is required? Tell me more!

__MDC__
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Hi MDC,

The turbo would need at least an RS2 EM and an RS2 IC in order to run optimally... I guess the RS2 head gasket would be a plus as well, as the stock 3B item is really too weak...

Other than that, I think a set of RS2 rod bearings won't hurt the engine's longevity as well...

Cheers,

Mihnea
      '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
      info@MRCTuning.com
      Workshop Directions

Comment

Hi Mihnea,

I have the RS2 IC, also running a decat exhaust system, but doubtful on any of the other bits - could be arranged though!

Anybody else out there able to help me there? I'd appreciate some help in sprucing up The Kitty!

__MDC__
        Martin Cutting

Comment

Hi MDC,

Rs2 Exhaust Manifold is the must. As original S2 manifold are frequent to crack.

So if you want to boost your motor , check if it's healty and will handle that power.
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Thanks Sweeper! I'll be on the lookout for an RS2 EM - anybody got one they are looking to shift? Same goes for the other bits - head gasket, rod bearings, anything else? Me and Kitty want to have some more fun!

__MDC__

(Martin Cutting ...in case you were wondering!)
            Martin Cutting

Comment

Working...
            X