Noticed these on my travels.
    Proven sale
    £48 inc VAT + £9 p&p not bad eh!!
    I know most of you are on Porsche but were not all minted
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

These would be the same as GSF sell then yeh, sure i had Brembo, actually no, Brembo were the rears. i had zimmerman for the front
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Yeah GSF do Brembo fronts for £63 for the pair inc VAT.
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Are these Brembo discs better than standard? Anydraw backs? I would like to upgrade my standard brakes a little but can't afford the big brake kits at the moment.

Can anyone recommend these or not. Price sounds nice.

Cheers,

Steve.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm running these at the moment, not had any problems myself , I wouldn't classify them as a performance disc tho.

Roo

Comment

I use the X-Drilled, vented Zimmerman discs on front of mine....

I always forget what retail prices are cos i never pay them
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

i thought the brembo discs were just a straight replacement for the OEM disc, no increase in performance etc.

David
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                I use the X-Drilled, vented Zimmerman discs on front of mine....

I always forget what retail prices are cos i never pay them
                Hi Ant, How do you rate them? I had the same on my Cab and was v.satisfied with them but it wasn't exactly high performance. What pads do you run with them?
                Mark
                Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

I use the Pagid fast road pads, they arent bad, altho i do suffer a lot of fade with how i drive!!

At one point when in France with mates last year had to chuck the anchors (more like fishing hooks cos they are so pants) on, and scrubbed from 140+ down to 70ish, didnt like that at all and shot dust out both wheels apparently.

They are better than just solid discs etc, but i would seriously recommend a proper upgrade, im gonna be doing mine as soon as i settle on something to fit
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I use the Pagid fast road pads, they arent bad, altho i do suffer a lot of fade with how i drive!!

At one point when in France with mates last year had to chuck the anchors (more like fishing hooks cos they are so pants) on, and scrubbed from 140+ down to 70ish, didnt like that at all and shot dust out both wheels apparently.

They are better than just solid discs etc, but i would seriously recommend a proper upgrade, im gonna be doing mine as soon as i settle on something to fit
                    Are you going down the monoblock or big red route???
                    Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Undecided yet, was lookin at going the 996 monoblock route, but then these latest Brembo 6 pots posted on the brakes section look v interesting too...
                      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Undecided yet, was lookin at going the 996 monoblock route, but then these latest Brembo 6 pots posted on the brakes section look v interesting too...
                        Ant,

a very handy solution would be the Zimmermann disc. Are you saying that these with a good pad and the standard calipers can produce a significantly better deceleration that the standard setup? I checked the German Zimmerman website and there it is for a normal price. Looks very nicely crafted.

hi
                        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Being honest, the first thing i done when i got the car was change them to the zimmerman stuff anyways, so i never drove the car with the original setup to give you an exact comparison.
                          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                          X