• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 996 Turbo Monoblocks on Ebay Germany

No connection to seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

What are the part numbers for the 993 or 996 calipers I could use?

With an S2 hub conversion on my 1991 CQ, I see that Greg used 996 monoblocs. Does anyone have the part numbers for the 993TT and 996 monoblocs that would work with my big brake conversion? What Porsche models and years do these calipers come off of? Do I use the Porsche front or rear calipers or would either work? Sorry for the newbie ?'s... I see a few calipers on eBay, but I don't want to buy the wrong ones to work with S2 hubs and RS2 calipers.

Thanks!
    Patrick

Comment

Hey Patrick...I believe I responded to your post on AudiWorld. Here's the deal...because i am converting to S2 hubs and doing a brake upgrade using as many factory parts as possible until i develop my own brackets. You can use the following:
      996C2/C4, 986S front monoblock calipers with an RS2 bracket and have room for a 314x30mm European A8 rotor. All bolt up.
      You can use 993tt calipers (great price at www.crescentporsche.com) with an RS2 bracket and have room for a 323x30mm A8L/S8 rotor, but requires about 2mm of shims on the bracket and caliper to center the rotor within the caliper. You could also have custom hats made to fit the 993tt rotor rings as they are a two piece set.
      You could also have custom brackets made for either application and go with other rotors, but these are what's known to work
      The 996C2/C4 and 986S (Boxster S) calipers are a newer lighter monoblock (1piece) design and they are on the 1999-present 911s. The 993tt caliper is from the 911 turbo from 1995-1998...i'm a little rusty on the model years, but you should get the idea. the 993tt calipers are huge, hence the name Big Reds. New calipers are smaller but just as efficient. hope this helped...drop me a PM if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
      joe
      Last edited by NoNonsense; 29 June 2004, 03:19. Reason: anybody please correct any mistakes of mine!!
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Working...
      X