Cone filter fitting parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone filter fitting parts

I bought these to test and now have no need for them. The parts are a 3" ID 180 degree silicone pipe and 3" straight alloy hose joiner. The hose has one of the legs shortened by 1" to allow my air filter to clear the headlight.

Cone filter I was using was diameter 140mm, length 200mm Green Powerflow effort, so pretty much any BIG filter will fit although the OD can't be much bigger than that due to the pipe bend radius. The 3" pipe is a nice tight fit on the MAF and the hose joiner is perfect for a 3" diameter inlet on a cone filter. No filter is included.

These parts are ideal for fitting a large cone filter to your car (if you like that sort of thing). Pipe colour is blue. Cost me £33 off the 'bay last week and used once so £22 delivered to UK? Bargain for someone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rusty; 6 February 2010, 09:59.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

bargain rusty

Comment

Bump
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Bump, I'm open to an offer but this is already sill money for new parts!
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Rusty,
          Just a quick question regarding this set up. I bought the same parts as per you installation thread. I have slightly limited space in my engine bay due to fitting a catch tankon the strut brace (my car is a 3B) When I used a 180degree bend the cone filter sat back under the MAF and close to the Turbo. I have since returned the 180 in exchance for 2x90degree bends but no even after cutting them back a bit there isn't enough space.

Can you give me any advice that could help? I was thinking of using a 2ply flexible silicone hose to overcome the tight bends but not sure how good it would be?

Cheers buddy

Comment

is this still available?
            Thank You!

Comment

Fairly certain it sold, sorry but it's all available on eBay

The 180deg pipe is a lot tighter than the 2 off 90s. I fitted it so that the bend sat at 15deg to the vertical or so and thus moved the cone towards the inner arch. Another option would be a slighly bent connector piece or to cut the 180 in half and rotate it to move the filter. Some have used flexible pipe in the past to good effect but make sure it's got some decent structural integrity. HTH
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Cheers for the information, Im going to try the flexible route as I am struggling for space.

Need to make up a heat sheild too.

Comment

Yes, and a cold air feed, those are the most important things on a cone filter in the OE airbox position, otherwise you'll end up with it driving like crap due to lots of hot air being sucked in.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Dont suppose you still have the template from your heat shield do you? I was thinking about using Nimbus heat sheild but if aluminium does the job then I will use that. Going to pick up some of that ducting you used for the local DIY store but not sure how or where to run it as I have an uprated intercooler which has boost hoses running accross where you had the intake. May see If I can get it lower maybe near the oil cooler although that runs the risk of water gettin in.

Comment

Thank You for the info!!!
                      I will search....
                      All the best!
                      Eugen

Comment

rofl, this all sounds familiar, I'm glad i'm not the only one who seems to send loads of money on random parts just to test stuff or try out potential mods
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Lookinf at the space I have to run ducts through I may look at running 2 or 3 2inch ducts to supply cold air to the filter. Im gonna tackle it after the weekend and will update my project thread when I have done it.

Comment

have a read of:

george's heat shield thread

Comment

Cheers buddy, That looks exactly what I want.

Comment

Working...
                              X