Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Temp Display

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...484136431&rd=1

Not sure if euro ones are the same as UK ones. Fahrenheit v Celsius et al.
    ex '93 Avant owner

hmm could this be retro fitted into a 3b?

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
      hmm could this be retro fitted into a 3b?

David
      I looked through the family album at this and it seemed to be irrevocably linked to climate control AC systems.

I'm probably wrong though!

I'd like one.... wonder if VAGparts could do a kit?

David

Comment

hmmmm, i'd like one too, miss it from other cars we have had or have.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

hmmmm, i'd like one too, miss it from other cars we have had or have.
          I suppose it would be £50 easily from Audi, I wonder if an aftermarket one would fit?

I feel that it was not sold much here, and was a more popular option on continental cars.

David

Comment

I have one too for sale !

PM me when needed...

Flexx

PS.: U can mount it in a 3B, too

Originally posted by Stick Insect
            I suppose it would be £50 easily from Audi, I wonder if an aftermarket one would fit?

I feel that it was not sold much here, and was a more popular option on continental cars.

David

Comment

Temp display standard on ABY S2s afaik

Comment

how easy is it to retrofit to a 3b....? I'm seriously lacking in the electrics dept

Cheers,

David
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jameswkr
                  Temp display standard on ABY S2s afaik
                  Yep James, spot on, according to Paul's excellent S2central site the display was standard from 94 on, and was an optional extra on earlier cars. You could even get it in 89, cos my 2.3e has it, it was an extra that my dad ordered when he bought the car new.
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

how easy is it to retrofit to a 3b....? I'm seriously lacking in the electrics dept

Cheers,

David
                    Not sure, but I'm guessing that you would need to also get the actual temp sender that is located behind left (IIRC) headlight..
                    I recently fitted a set of dash rings to a mate's CQ20v that didn't have the display, but did have the wiring connector clipped to the back of the clocks, so it looks as though the wiring exists in the loom..
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

if the wiring isn't there, this would be pretty simple to hook in. The sensor is behind the left hand side front panel. by the chassis leg.

To be honest, its a nice little gimmick, but not really of much use.... mine has started to suffer from wind chill!! I saw a displayed temperature of -8 C this week when the real temp was +20C!!

We do the displays new at £60.20+vat and the sensor @ £14.44+vat.
                      Martyn
                      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Didnt all S2's have this?!?

My 91 CQ20v, 7A Engine, No AC, has only one external temp sensor clipped onto the back of the front grill. Directly opposite the quattro badge under the radiator cover. (type 89 front)

Note AC cars also have a second temp sensor inside the heater air intake, under the bonnet opposite side to the fuse box. And i also think the external sensor (front grill) is also wired into the AC control.

Should be very easy to fit as it only talks to one sensor like mine for the dash LCD.

Mark.

Originally posted by Martynf
                        if the wiring isn't there, this would be pretty simple to hook in. The sensor is behind the left hand side front panel. by the chassis leg.

To be honest, its a nice little gimmick, but not really of much use.... mine has started to suffer from wind chill!! I saw a displayed temperature of -8 C this week when the real temp was +20C!!

We do the displays new at £60.20+vat and the sensor @ £14.44+vat.
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                        X