• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche mirrors

In pearl white, fresh painted £350 ono
    Chef

Chef

Comment

Two questions, are they plug and play for an S2 and are they "right hand drive" specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
        Two questions, are they plug and play for an S2 and are they "right hand drive" specific?
        The wires are, you need to file the wing to open the base out its like 2mm or something at one end, not sure about the whole left and right and drive thing
        Chef

Comment

The only difference between the lhd and rhd glass is the curve on the outside for the drivers side, my rs2 has lhd glass and it's perfectly driveable

Comment

The bases are different thicknesses depending on lhd/rhd
            Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              The only difference between the lhd and rhd glass is the curve on the outside for the drivers side, my rs2 has lhd glass and it's perfectly driveable
              lol swap the glasses over

Comment

Some mirrors are simetrics, others assimetrics.
                I think (I don remember) RS2's are simetrics anda 993 are assimetrics and U need change mirrors down piece.
                photobucket SUCKS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                  lol swap the glasses over
                  eh? like to see you try as they are different shapes left and right

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
                    The bases are different thicknesses depending on lhd/rhd
                    Whats the difference? just checked and there is a B suffix difference

Comment

The housings point at different angles, passenger side i think it is points further away from the car, i had lhd mirrors on my s2 (with rhd glass) i had to have the o/s mirror adjusted fully inwards to just be able to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                        The housings point at different angles, passenger side i think it is points further away from the car, i had lhd mirrors on my s2 (with rhd glass) i had to have the o/s mirror adjusted fully inwards to just be able to use it.
                        I had heard something to that affect, that is why I was wondering... I would love to get a set of pearl LHD mirrors...

Comment

I could do with these for my project. Unfortunately, since I just bought the S2, I have no money remaining until next month.
                          1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                          A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                            they are the mirrors from your old car!

Comment

Working...
                            X